“Dog friendly”

Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Ranked #102 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The room was nice, it was big, had a mini fridge. And it was big enough for me, my fiance and our for big dogs, ranging from 50 pounds to 100 pounds. The rooms were clean, and the front desk was nice and helpful

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 19, 2012

For $50-ish a night, this is a good value. The front staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the place was conveniently located for us. The only complaint we had was that the room smelled somewhat stale and like cigarette smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room. A little investigation showed us that the bathroom smelled like a nicotine factory; it seemed like somebody was in there smoking. We think the vent in there was tied to another room, because the smell would come and go at somewhat regular intervals. Seems like somebody was smoking in their bathroom, and the smell was coming through to our room. Other than that, no complaints about the property. My wife and I are not particularly fussy or demanding about hotels; if the room is clean and well-maintained, we're pretty much happy. We loathe paying a lot of money for a bed to sleep in, so this is a good value for us.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mathdaddy
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Three of us stayed at this property on June 8,m, 2012. We arrived to see a well kept property, the check in process was simple enough. I had booked the room though an online service. The Clerk at the front desk was very friendly. The reception area was clean and well lit. We were given our room keys to room 227, which was on the second floor and overlooking the pool. We easily found a luggage cart and headed for the room. One of the room keys would not work so we had to get another one. Once inside the room, I noted that it was clean and odor free. The beds looked fairly small, but were comfortable enough, nothing special about the sheets or bed spread. The bathroom and shower/tub area were clean and well maintained. The room was nice and cool.

I would recommend this property to any of my friends and family. for $53ish dollars a night, you get what you get. a clean, cool, safe and secure nights rest. When in this area I will stay at this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Free Coffee in the Lobby
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Billysview
rri173, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us of your experience at our hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared all your comments with the staff. Thank you again and hope to see you next time you're in town.

Shea Patel

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Non smoking room reeked of smoke. Front desk gave me a spray bottle to eliminate the odor. It did not work. Entire hotel was dirty. Pool was not clean. There was this peron staying at the hotel that was always around the looby and outside. We thought of him as the red roof in neighborhood watch person. Somewhat creepy. We stayed only one night, went across the street to the Courtyard Marriott.
The area is very convienient to shoping, restaurants, and downtown Tampa.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wongnh
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was really attracted by the price and location for the hotel. The pictures looked appealing and was looking forward to staying here on our trip. But when we got the room it had a mildew smell, there was no toilet paper, cups or extra pillows. My TV had several lines going through the top of the screen. I should have asked for a different room but I'm sure they are all similar, needless to say as a frequent Tampa traveller I will just make sure to spend extra money to stay at somewhere cleaner. The smell gave me a headache and is probably damging my health from all the mold particles I inhaled. Don't believe the pics on the website as they are deceiving.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Clean and quiet. Close to restaurants and the highway.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The couple who checked us in was not friendly; they even ignored us and started talking in their native language - - how rude!!! The room smelled bad but cleared up after the air conditioner was on for 6 hours. No towels in the room; the front office didn't answer their phone so had to make a trip to the office to get towels. The security lock on the top of the door didn't work so we didn't feel safe. Overall, we got LESS than what we paid for. Red Roof Inns are the lower tier of motels but we have had great experiences with them, until this visit. The only things going for this location was the elevator and the restaurant next door.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family