Econo Lodge Busch Gardens
Marriott Hotels
$178
$136
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$85
$72
$142
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is convenient to Busch Gardens although when we asked the front desk staff how to get there, we were told there was a pedestrian entrance at the corner of the next intersection (in other words, no shuttle). It would be quite a walk. Not necessarily the best neighborhood. Check in went smoothly and we were given our rooms although we were early. We had rooms 117 and 119. The walk to the room was along a hallway that was rather worn and had terrible stains on the carpet. We got to our rooms which were large enough and adjoining. The room had a worn tired look to it from the carpet to the walls. There were dried stains on the floor by the toilet, which I covered with a towel. It had a sliding glass door that opened out to the parking lot with a small patio but no chairs. There was an A/C unit on the wall which was set on 77 and we were unable to change it. The only thing we could do was turn it on and off. The rooms had refrigerators in them and in my son's refrigerator, there were sandwiches from a previous occupant (which meant that it hadn't been cleaned between). The door to our room was very flimsy and didn't feel like it closed properly, thankfully there was a chain. Our room had connecting doors on both sides of it which seemed kind of odd. The walls were very thin so you heard the people walking down the hallway as well as the people in the surrounding rooms. The bed was comfortable enough and the TV worked well. We went to the breakfast room and were surprised to find only 5 tables which were all occupied. There had obviously been food available but when we were there at 8:30 we didn't find much more than some white bread, a mushy banana, some oranges and empty containers. We consequently just got coffee and ate our breakfast at Busch Gardens, after driving over to their paid parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Reviewed the previous reviews and thought we would try this hotel out. We are traveling in the states and sticking to a budget. Rooms were nice, offering a fresh look. Breakfast was fine. We stayed for 2 days and everything was fine. Staff was helpful and friendly. Good find for value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here a night for a business meeting. The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast was plentiful. Behind the motel is not a very safe area and it was quite shady, but I felt pretty safe in the hotel. After my meeting, I had time to explore Tampa and everything was walking distance and the atmosphere of Busch Gardens was refreshing. My room was great, but I did find a tiny bug in the bathroom. They forgot to give me the remote for the AC but when i called downstairs they delivered a remote to me. For the price and perfect location, I recommend everyone to stay at this Quality Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Victor L
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is under new administration and Kathryn is an awesome host at the front desk. Everything is way better than last time we were there. The breakfast was hot and neat, rooms are clean and the new face lift overall has made a HUGE difference from what it was a year ago. Go try it, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure to leave a note on the reservation if it's done online. This is in case you need access near the pool, or first floor for handicap.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fvbkd
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm actually extremely surprised by the positive comments for this hotel, unless something miraculous has occured since we stayed one night in February. We decided last minute to stay here before leaving on a cruise the following day. Now I understand the price is very low, but the experience definitely reflected that, if not worse. When we arrived and first entered our bottom floor room, we immediately noticed that the sliding glass door was damaged, did not close properly and had a lock that a child could break if they wanted to. The surrounding neighborhood is not nice whatsoever (there were also several people hanging around in the parking lot), so we requested to be moved to another room. After about 20-30 minutes we were able to move to a room upstairs, which we were told was the only one left available. I cannot describe the smell, and all I can say about noise is that the walls are apparently VERY thin. The bed was not comfortable at all and between that and the noise from the next room and hallway, it took hours to fall asleep. We weren't in need of any special amenities when staying here, just somewhere decent to sleep. I would not stay here again unless it was the only roof available left...anywhere. We had no issues with staff, the first member was very nice when we arrived; not too pleased to move us though. I'm not sure if she went back to look at the broken door as suggested, but hopefully so. The staff member checking us out in the morning was also nice. This poor place just needs to be re-built from the bottom up. If you're looking to stay near Busch Gardens and especially when traveling with family, please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere, or stay a little further and spring for the valet parking at the park - it's totally worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple