“Phenomenal food and great 1st experience!”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #249 of 2,567 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We bought a Groupon where it picks a romantic evening for you, and it picked this place. We were worried because we had never had Indian food, but it turned out to be fantastic food with really great service. The manager and a server waited on us and both were really sweet. The food was so good and they really made sure we had a great 1st experience!

AND... the food was to die for. They gave us recommendations and all of them were awesome. We will definitely be going back!

1  Thank neenersss

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Food is awesome. Some of us were travelling from Orlando and some of our friends were travelling from NJ area. We have struggled to find good punjabi food in FL as compared to NJ of course, but Saffron exceeded our expectations. We ordered vegeterian Entrées, and every one of them were delicious. We went for lunch and the Buffett did not offer many vegeterian options. Each Entrée had it's own taste and color. It was not like one of the restaurants where one gravy is used for all Entrees and everything looks the same. The service was slow, so be patient. Food is definitely recommended.

1  Thank Anushree V
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We understand a Groupon usually entails second-class service in restaurants and this was no exception. We have to mix-up Valentines and Birthday dinners, so this was a little fun jog out of our way for the night. You know how some people have their house arranged so you walk in their front door and you're immediately in their dining room? This is how this felt: the lunch-buffet carts we all pushed back along the wall and we were gestured (no-words) to sit along the opposite wall. Fine. We did arrive about 15min early for our reservation, so if they were truly booked, it's understandable, but no one asked who we were. At our res. time, they asked if we were *** and, well, Yes, we are, but interesting assumption of them to make 15min ago. After being seated, we looked over their fairly extensive menu for another 15min before being asked what we would like to drink. Upon mentioning our Groupon, our menus were politely removed and we were given the prix-fixe menu. We understand this, but that should have been mentioned before-hand, like in the Groupon. So, we went from leather-bound 8-sheet book to a xerox copy 8.5"x11" sheet of paper for our menu. Fine. Anyway, with coupons we expect same-level service allowing us to sample their restaurant for the first time as their courtesy to us, their new customer, and we expect to respond-in-kind with tips reflecting the original-value but that is difficult to do when you get treated almost as second-class. Yes, they were busy, and the gentleman in charge presented us with a check about 10% less than the amount our coupon was valued at. After mentioning the coupon, he politely fixed the receipt and said we would only owe the tax (a few dollars). So in the end, we ended up paying more on a ticket that was less than the advertised value. (paid $30 for meal they quoted as "worth $60.25", but ticket before discount was $56.xx for which we paid $3.43 for the tax - so, we didn't get the value advertised - pretty clever of them!) A line out the door of pick-up orders had similar issues and the poor staff was clearly in-over-their-head for the night. Good luck to all on a different day!
Again, the food was good and a very good introduction to Indian cuisine for us. We will choose a different location and hope to receive same level of service as the food.

1  Thank rob m
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very helpful with knowledge of food, helped us choose our meal as this was our first time eating indian cuisine. Had plenty of gluten free options for me. Food was delicous!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Food here is great,but highly disappointed with the service & hospitality Indian guests receive here. I live within 5 mins from the restaurant and a frequent visitor to this place.Everytime I notice that Indian guests get least attention compared to non Indian guests. Specially I had a v.bad experience on the valentines day this year when I went there with my family for dinner here and that prompted me to write this feedback.Along with the maincourse I ordered a drink and I never got the drink despite of me checking with the staff about it for *3* times.Given the heavy rush that night,it's expected that they might have forgotten,but not getting your order even after checking for 3 times???Also I guess there was a complimentary desert planned for the guests that night,but we never got one.I am not so sure about this,but I am highly disappointed with the service and attention that I got here on the valentines day and probably would not go back here.Never mind how tasty the food is,but for a restaurant hospitality towards the guest is equally important too!!!