“We love Saffrons”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a family favorite! Authentic, savory and not as pricey as some other traditional places. The chicken butter masala and malia kofta are always a hit pair that with some masala coffee and you have a winner!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I dined at Saffron after obtaining a coupon for the restaurant and had no idea the restaurant was this close to home. My wife and I enjoyed everything. We probably over ordered but were excited to try as much as possible. Our favorites were the mixed platter (included lamb, chicken, shrimp, paneer) and garlic naan.....absolutely the best we have ever had in the Tampa Bay area. We were actually served by the very polite owner and I could see service could be a potential issue without adequate wait staff. We plan on dining at Saffron on a regular basis.

1  Thank don g
Reviewed August 12, 2013

On the 6th of August my wife and I had an appointment in Dade City and decided to stop for lunch at Saffron Indian Cuisine. We have been to over a dozen Indian restaurants in the Bay area (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, Largo, Palm Harbor) not including Orlando, Tallahassee and Sarasota. For us, Saffron Indian Cuisine has been the best.

Their tomato soup was THE best my wife and I have ever tasted at ANY Indian restaurant we have dined at. (However, I felt the croutons detracted from the overall soup experience.)
Their raita was nice and thick as WE like it, with just the right amount flavor.

I ordered Palak Paneer and my wife ordered Chicken Sagwala. In both dishes there were plenty of cheese cubes and chunks of white meat chicken in with flavorful spinach. We were both very, very pleased with the portions of cheese and chicken. In fact, we both needed to take what we could not finish home with us.

With our meal, we ordered their garlic naan bread. It was very aromatic and hot and crispy on the outside and wonderfully soft (but cooked) on the inside.
The basmati rice was very good as well, about like most other Indian restaurants. From our viewpoint the food was great!

We did not experience ANY negative customer service. Owner Nimeesh took our order and came by several times to see how we were doing... which we said with amazement, "Excellent!"
His wife, Sunita, also came by our table to see how we were doing as well. This folks, for us, was just great customer service. My wife and I left very satisfied and with a promise to return the next time we are in North Tampa or Dade City! We highly recommend Saffron Indian Cuisine. Thank you Nimeesh and Sunita for a wonderful experience!

Anthony D.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have eaten there before and really liked it .we ordered take out and the food was wakeful mint was like they took out chicken that was leftover and just added a sauce. The chicken was dry and almost in edible .

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I found it strange that there were actually low reviews. I base my reviews on the surroundings, services rendered, and food quality. Keep in mind this is a smal Indian cuisine place in a small strip mall deep in New Tampa. Having been to many Indian/Southeast Asia restaraunts...this is at the top of my list of very authentic and delicious Idian food.

I recommend the Pakoras appetizer. I had the chicken and it was awesome.

If you want to play it safe, you can never go wrong with the butter chicken or Biryani...great food!

I have been here before and if I want a taste of India, I will definitely be back!