“A water park worth seeing!”
Review of Adventure Island

Adventure Island Water Park
Ranked #29 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located right across the street from Busch Gardens® Tampa, Adventure Island® is 30 acres of water-drenched fun in the sun featuring the ultimate combination of high-speed thrills and tropical, tranquil surroundings for guests of all ages. Within a soothing Key West atmosphere await slides, corkscrews, water falls, a wave pool, children’s water playground and other family attractions. Choose to race down rapids, dig your toes into the sand or relax all day in a private cabana. Hurtle high and experience a feeling of weightlessness on Colossal Curl™, Adventure Island’s newest family thrill slide.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had never been to Adventure Island before. It was a nice waterpark with many attractions and slides for everyone to do. Parking cost $12. The park opens at 9:00 and I would recommend getting there early if at all possible. We were able to try out many of the slides before it got too crowded. By 11 o'clock, the park was definitely filled. There were a lot of summer camps going on there as well. I would also recommend to find a nice shady place to put your things. You are allowed to bring in a small personal cooler with drinks and food. A lot of families were having picnics and lunch there. My family and I left at 2:00 because things were just getting too crowded. All in all, I am glad we had the chance to visit. It was a good day to cool off from the summer heat!

2  Thank Lovin_lifealways1313
There are newer reviews for Adventure Island

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great water park! It has 2 kids water playgrounds, one for the little ones and one with slides for the older kids. Lots of cool slides too for tween and teens, and those who love to slide. The river is awesome too. Clean, friendly staff.

1  Thank art p
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We have season tickets so we come in the evening when it is cooled off a bit. There are a few of our fav. things to like the classic wave pool and lazy river.Coming in the evening the crowds aren't so bad either and that means lines are shorter ....yay !

1  Thank JANNAWYNN
Reviewed June 14, 2013

A great alternative to Acquatica and very family friendly! This is excellent for a family on a budget and it is open from 9-9 in the summer!

2  Thank EJoJo1977
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Do my 4 kids like it, and did they keep asking to go back - Yes!

Tells me it was worth it.

I read a few posts on here saying that this park gets pretty crowded in the summer. So, I was reluctant to visit at first.

Well, I can see how that happens. It is not as big as the parks in Orlando (Aquatica & Typhoon), so I am guessing June and July at this place would potentially be unbearably busy.

As it transpired for us, we went in mid May. Schools are still in session in Florida, and we only went on weekdays. Place was empty. My kids walked onto all the slides, and we never lined up more than 5 minutes, if that. They have some great slides for all ages, a decent if smallish wave pool, and a good variety of swimming pools, water parks and seating areas for tots and younger kids. I am thinking the place a little young for teens, but certainly up to 14 year olds would like this place.

Place was clean, there was loads of seating when we went, and the weather in Florida in May is bone dry and not too too hot.

We paid $85 each for unlimited park access to Adventure Island and Busch Gardens for 14 days. You can't beat that value. Especially with 4 kids. See how far $550 gets a family of 6 at Disney - couple of Mickey Mouse pins.

Adventure Island gets a big Thumbs Up from us - Certainly in May. I probably would not visit Florida in June or July anyway.

1  Thank Nubiwan