“A must!”

Three great attractions, one great price with The Tampa TRIO
Ranked #10 of 196 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is home to more than 1300 animals and famous for having one of the most beautiful, tropical zoological settings in the world. The Zoo brings together animals and visitors to create unforgettable, natural connections. Guests get closer to wildlife than ever before by touching a giant tortoise, feeding a giraffe, getting nose-to-horn with an Indian rhino, hand-to-fin with slippery stingrays and more! Families can also splash in water play areas, feel thrills on rides and take in educational shows. Love manatees? The Zoo is the only place in Tampa where guests can see Florida manatees year round. At the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Hospital, the Zoo’s veterinary and animal-care staff treat sick, injured and orphaned manatees, and return them to the wild after rehabilitation. The Zoo also cares for the most diverse group of Florida wildlife anywhere, and has won numerous awards for animal preservation.
Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went to this zoo on valentines day! It was me, my husband and 7 year old daughter spent about $60 for the three of us and had a blast! Staff are all friendly prices are reasonable and we ended up spending about half the day walking around seeing everything! Your able to feed the birds and giraffes, there is a petting zoo, and even pony rides!

1 Thank Mhazzard23

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Loved our trip to this zoo! The only complaint was that the safari ride wasn't running, but that was not terrible. You can still walk through all the safari areas. I loved all the opportunities you had to interact with the animals. You could feed the birds and the giraffes and you could touch and the manta rays. They also had a nice petting zoo. This is a very pleasant way to spend a day!

1 Thank Silverwolf_505
West Bradenton, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“wasn't anything special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

this little zoo didn't live up to it's proclaimed best zoo in america. it wasn't anything I would like to revisit. All the restrooms were dirty and the toilets wouldn't flush.

Tampa, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Quaint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Lowry Park Zoo is landscaped very nicely. The staff was friendly and the parking is free. To me the cost of admission did not meet the value. With "rides" ($18)adding to the cost of $24+ dollars ( for adults) to entertain the children. We went on the $6 Sunday deal to check out the place, and was in and out within 1 1/2 hours. its not the worst zoo, its nice for toddlers on the $6 day. Food prices were reasonable although we didn't buy anything.

Glasgow, Kentucky, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice attraction for a Sunday afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I took our 1 1/2 year old Daughter to this Zoo, mainly because she is now really getting into noticing things such as birds, kitties, doggies, etc... So we thought a trip to the zoo would be something nice for her to do! We were in Tampa for a business trip, and noticed that the Lowry Park Zoo was rated #1 in the country, so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to hit up a Zoo.

First, the Zoo itself isn't as big as I imagined, which isn't necessarily a bad thing! We were able to take a look at all the animals and eat lunch in about 2 hours, which is what I think an appropriate amount of time is for such an attraction. They had a nice selection of animals to choose from, as well as a nice aquarium type section. I think it was a little under $50 for My wife, toddler, and I, however I think lunch ran us about $30 for two slices of pizza and a Mac and Cheese Kids meal.

All the employees were nice, and the park seemed fairly clean. Overall, it was a good experience!

1 Thank Aaron R

Been to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo? Share your experiences!