“BEST LITTLE ZOO IN FLORIDA”

Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo Admission
Ranked #8 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is home to more than 1300 animals and famous for having one of the most beautiful, tropical zoological settings in the world. The Zoo brings together animals and visitors to create unforgettable, natural connections. Guests get closer to wildlife than ever before by touching a giant tortoise, feeding a giraffe, getting nose-to-horn with an Indian rhino, hand-to-fin with slippery stingrays and more! Families can also splash in water play areas, feel thrills on rides and take in educational shows. Love manatees? The Zoo is the only place in Tampa where guests can see Florida manatees year round. At the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Hospital, the Zoo’s veterinary and animal-care staff treat sick, injured and orphaned manatees, and return them to the wild after rehabilitation. The Zoo also cares for the most diverse group of Florida wildlife anywhere, and has won numerous awards for animal preservation.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There is nothing to dislike about Lowry Park Zoo! When I relocated to Tampa from Santa Cruz Ca in 2004......was I in for a wonderful surprise?????? Lowry Park Zoo is smack dab in a residential neighborhood loaded with wonderful surprises! I have visited some of the most awesome zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, etc in the US and abroad and I have to tell ya.....this zoo has captured my heart. I can't believe how this zoo was created and maintained.......I am just in awe!!!! I always take my visitors there as I am so proud to introduce new fans to the Best Little Zoo in the World!

1  Thank hipsenior
There are newer reviews for Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Visited here recently and enjoyed our time in the zoo. They had some nice exhibits. Ensure you do the Lorikeet feeding.... lots of fun

I felt the prices were what should be expected in a zoo and the animals seemed in good health and well cared for.

Definitely more of a zoo for smaller kids. While our teenagers enjoyed the time, I definitely see where younger kids would get a bigger kick out of the zoo.

1  Thank joakley815
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Wonderful. Upclose and personal with the many animals. The manatee hospital was a highlight. Staff is friendly and informative.

1  Thank Rolande
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited this zoo with our 2 children and had an awesome time. The animals have good size habitats and look very well kept. Zoo is very clean and it even has a little area with mechanical rides for the little ones. We will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a really nice zoo. It's not huge but we spent an entire afternoon just walking around, watching the animals, birds, fish, etc. so the size was just perfect. Thought it worth the price, with a coupon of $3.00 off per person.

Been to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo? Share your experiences!