“Great Family Place”

Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo Admission
Ranked #7 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is home to more than 1300 animals and famous for having one of the most beautiful, tropical zoological settings in the world. The Zoo brings together animals and visitors to create unforgettable, natural connections. Guests get closer to wildlife than ever before by touching a giant tortoise, feeding a giraffe, getting nose-to-horn with an Indian rhino, hand-to-fin with slippery stingrays and more! Families can also splash in water play areas, feel thrills on rides and take in educational shows. Love manatees? The Zoo is the only place in Tampa where guests can see Florida manatees year round. At the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Hospital, the Zoo’s veterinary and animal-care staff treat sick, injured and orphaned manatees, and return them to the wild after rehabilitation. The Zoo also cares for the most diverse group of Florida wildlife anywhere, and has won numerous awards for animal preservation.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We decided to visit the Tampa Zoo instead the more expensive attractions - and it was well worth it! We experienced the Macau Fly over, the penguin feeding, and just walking around. Then we stopped for lunch at Reilys - the sit down restaurant in the park - GREAT service and wonderful view of the Elephants and Giraffes. Overall - just a great day with the family.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,285)

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Fun rides, close to animals, hardly anyone there. My three kids, ages 13, 7, 4 all had a great time. My husband, mother & I also enjoyed the wide variety of animals, the safari ride, petting the sting rays & feeding the giraffes. This was a great place!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

the zoo was very neat. there were two baby elephants and some african penguins, which i never knew existed. there are a few rides, most for little kids, but some for older kids and adults. the roller coaster is small and rough, but hey, it is a zoo.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Some of the big animals had barely anywhere to run around. Our 3 and 5 year old really enjoyed this zoo, but I left there feeling a little sad for its inhabitants.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

It takes a lot for me to give a 5 Star review but Lowry Park Zoo did it! My fiance and I love animals so any new city we vacation in we try to visit the zoo. I have to say this is the best one we have been to yet. We spent over 2 hours going through the exhibits, then as we were about to leave we realized we had not even been to the other half. It started to pour down rain right after we realized we had not saw part of the exhibits and it rained for over 30 minutes while we waited it out in the snack bar area (that's how bad we wanted to see the rest) but finally decided to leave since the rain wasn't letting up. There were multiple school buses on this visit but we did not fit smothered with kids running everywhere so I think the zoo is laid out well. It was so much fun getting to touch/feed the stingrays and feeding the birds, among everything else we got to see. I would recommend this zoo for all ages. Definitely a must go if you're in the area.