“What a gem!”

Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo Admission
Ranked #8 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is home to more than 1300 animals and famous for having one of the most beautiful, tropical zoological settings in the world. The Zoo brings together animals and visitors to create unforgettable, natural connections. Guests get closer to wildlife than ever before by touching a giant tortoise, feeding a giraffe, getting nose-to-horn with an Indian rhino, hand-to-fin with slippery stingrays and more! Families can also splash in water play areas, feel thrills on rides and take in educational shows. Love manatees? The Zoo is the only place in Tampa where guests can see Florida manatees year round. At the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Hospital, the Zoo’s veterinary and animal-care staff treat sick, injured and orphaned manatees, and return them to the wild after rehabilitation. The Zoo also cares for the most diverse group of Florida wildlife anywhere, and has won numerous awards for animal preservation.
Debary
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“What a gem!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

You can spend a day here! My husband and I went and enjoyed it immensely. If I had grandchildren (hint hint son) I would skip the large theme parks and take them here. It is relaxed and there is plenty to do. All the kids around us seemed to be smiling and having a wonderful time. I will definitely go back ----------- hopefully with my future grandchildren.

Visited June 2013

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Very good.”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I like this zoo...Lol..for some reason my husband says that is missing something...But i would recommend it to others...it is clean, big, with good variation of animals...food available..I think that what my husband did not like, was that the best animals were taking a nap at the time of our visit and it is understandable ...but pretty good ..

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mrs D D
brandon florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Bring the kids”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Bring the Kids and spend the day. We did and had a great time. There is a MacDonald's in the park so its very good for quick food.

Visited March 2013
Seminole, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely the Best!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We live in Seminole but has been 10 years since our last visit. So much had changed and improved. I have loved this zoo from my very first visit. The zoo is built around the animals not visa versa. Very beautiful and well kept . There is only one change I would like to see, the tunnel you go through to the safari area really needs lighting and murals. Too dark and dank and so out of sync with the rest of the zoo. I have been to other zoos but Lowery Park has them all beat hands down.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We always enjoy spending time at the Lowry Park Zoo! The layout of the park is spacious and it's always clean. We just love feeding the different animals as well as the birds. If you haven't had the pleasure of visiting, make time while in Tampa.

Visited May 2013

Been to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo? Share your experiences!