“Lots of exhibits in a small space!”

ZooTampa at Lowry Park
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo Admission
Ranked #25 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ZooTampa at Lowry Park is home to more than 1300 animals and famous for having one of the most beautiful, tropical zoological settings in the world. The Zoo brings together animals and visitors to create unforgettable, natural connections. Guests get closer to wildlife than ever before by touching a giant tortoise, feeding a giraffe, getting nose-to-horn with an Indian rhino, hand-to-fin with slippery stingrays and more! Families can also splash in water play areas, feel thrills on rides and take in educational shows. Love manatees? The Zoo is the only place in Tampa where guests can see Florida manatees year round. At the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Hospital, the Zoo’s veterinary and animal-care staff treat sick, injured and orphaned manatees, and return them to the wild after rehabilitation. The Zoo also cares for the most diverse group of Florida wildlife anywhere, and has won numerous awards for animal preservation.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

One of the few placed where you can see manatees! they are a rescue hospital as well, recuperating Manatees and re-releasing them. Great Work!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,383)
All reviews
in 52 reviews
"busch gardens"
in 116 reviews

Reviewed October 5, 2012

For being voted "The Best Zoo" by Parent's Magazine in 2009, I was VERY Disappointed. I kept wondering what year it was really voted the best. I took my 2 year old daughter and even she was not entertained. EVERY and I mean EVERY display that had any water in it was disgusting, smelly and just downright awful. I felt sorry for the animals having to use it. We went on a Tuesday, so it was not busy at all, which was the only perk. With that being said, since it was a Tuesday, not all attractions were open, if that's the case, the price should be lower during the week in my opinon. It had also rained earlier in the morning, but we arrived later in the afternoon, hours after the rain had stopped, they had a Dora the Explorer bouncy house that my daughter was SOOO excited to jump in, but suprise... it was closed, but there was a worker sitting on a bench next to it telling us it was closed because it was wet inside, sitting beside her was a pile of folded dry towels, which I'm assuming she was suppose to be using to dry it out but was being too lazy to do so. Almost every ride my daughter wanted to ride was either closed or broken. Food WAY too expensive also, spent $18 on 2 hot dogs, 2 bags of chips, water and a sprite. Splash area for kids is pathetic and also dirty. Only thing we liked was petting the Stingrays. Will never be back again. I live in Knoxville, TN and our zoo is 10x's better, perhaps Parent's Magazine should visit there!!

4  Thank 295RachelC
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have been going here for decades and love all the upgrades in recent years. A great value and a good place for a field trip as it it very educational. Also seems very clean and everything is easy to get to. If you are in Tampa, be sure and see this wonderful zoo. We go back every few years.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've visited several zoos around the country and this one is awesome. The zoo has a good flow, good services and really interesting animal exhibits. Fun for all ages!