“Very Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Three great attractions, one great price with The Tampa TRIO
Ranked #10 of 195 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo features more than 1,300 amazing animals on 56 acres of natural habitats. Guests will find many interactive exhibits and opportunities to get closer to wildlife -- feed a giraffe, hold a lorikeet, touch a stingray and more. The Zoo's Manatee and Aquatic Center expands the traditional boundaries of a zoo, focusing efforts on critical care for injured, sick and orphaned wild manatees. Also at the zoo: splash ground water play areas, wild rides, educational shows and cafes.
Knoxville, Tennessee
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

For being voted "The Best Zoo" by Parent's Magazine in 2009, I was VERY Disappointed. I kept wondering what year it was really voted the best. I took my 2 year old daughter and even she was not entertained. EVERY and I mean EVERY display that had any water in it was disgusting, smelly and just downright awful. I felt sorry for the animals having to use it. We went on a Tuesday, so it was not busy at all, which was the only perk. With that being said, since it was a Tuesday, not all attractions were open, if that's the case, the price should be lower during the week in my opinon. It had also rained earlier in the morning, but we arrived later in the afternoon, hours after the rain had stopped, they had a Dora the Explorer bouncy house that my daughter was SOOO excited to jump in, but suprise... it was closed, but there was a worker sitting on a bench next to it telling us it was closed because it was wet inside, sitting beside her was a pile of folded dry towels, which I'm assuming she was suppose to be using to dry it out but was being too lazy to do so. Almost every ride my daughter wanted to ride was either closed or broken. Food WAY too expensive also, spent $18 on 2 hot dogs, 2 bags of chips, water and a sprite. Splash area for kids is pathetic and also dirty. Only thing we liked was petting the Stingrays. Will never be back again. I live in Knoxville, TN and our zoo is 10x's better, perhaps Parent's Magazine should visit there!!

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Rachel C

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brooksville, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A great place for kids and adults”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have been going here for decades and love all the upgrades in recent years. A great value and a good place for a field trip as it it very educational. Also seems very clean and everything is easy to get to. If you are in Tampa, be sure and see this wonderful zoo. We go back every few years.

Visited December 2011
Parrish, FL
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've visited several zoos around the country and this one is awesome. The zoo has a good flow, good services and really interesting animal exhibits. Fun for all ages!

Tampa, FL
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Excited about Zoo-Boo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Third year at Zoo-Boo. Started with our eldest grandchild and keep coming back. Great for the little ones (funny-scary) to very scary attractions and fun for all. We won't miss it and since we are up to 3 grandchildren, we will be returning for some time.

Visited October 2011
The Netherlands
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“4th year in a row.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My Dutch husband loves zoos ,,I do too,, it is the cleanest and friendliest place...this year we decided not to be "rational adults" and ride the LOG FLUME..yes we got sopping wet but it was nice to be cooled off a bit.. would love it if there was a picnic area so we could have our lunch we had brought with us..but loved the place....worth the time and traffic jams it took to get there :-)

Visited September 2012

Been to Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo? Share your experiences!