“One Hundred Percent Perfect Evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yacht StarShip

Yacht StarShip
Ranked #502 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Tampa Bay's Premier Dining Yachts | Tampa • St. Petersburg • Clearwater Yacht StarShip, America's First 3-diamond rated Dining Yacht by AAA, ranks in the top 28% of all restaurants. Our exquisite dining cruises offer private seating, tableside service, spectacular views and dancing under the stars.
Brandon, Florida, United States
“One Hundred Percent Perfect Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been in Tampa for 35 years, but I never took the opportunity to check out the Yacht Starship for a dinner cruise. Finally got the chance thanks to a Mosaic Company event that recognized employees of the year at their Riverview facility. From the very beginning, many greeters welcomed you to the ship. Employees were professional in their dress and demeanor. Our meal was a buffet of roast beef, stuffed chicken breasts, salmon, yellow rice, fresh green beans, salad, assorted rolls, and a bread pudding dessert. Absolutely nothing to complain about the food. It was well-prepared, fresh, tasty, and there was plenty of it. Servers consistently refreshed drinks and always with a smile. The views of Harbor Island and Davis Island and the bay were beautiful, as the sun set, and we viewed it all from huge windows on each side. Following the meal, as it grew dark, we went to the upper deck and thoroughly enjoyed watching the bright lights of our beautiful city. A dance floor and dj provided entertainment, also, so we took time for a slow dance to bring a perfect end to a perfect experience. Although this was a work-sponsored event, both my husband and I plan to book our own experience in the future, and we will highly recommend Yacht Starship to friends and family.

Visited July 2013

Ruskin, Florida
“A different kind of night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We would recommend the Yacht Starship Wine-Tasting Dining Cruise that runs out of Tampa. (There also is one out of Clearwater which I cannot comment on.) We went out with another couple and we all had a spendid time wine-tasting, dining, cruising, and dancing.

Parking at the dock was an additional $5.00, which was surprisingly reasonable.

Before departing we started with the wine tasting outdoors on the upper deck, where six wines were sampled. Hors d'hoeuvres were served as we sampled. We made the mistake of taking our time enjoying the samples because the time for the tasting fast all to quickly disappeared before dinner and the cruise. (It would have been nicer if the time for the wine tasting was extended.) Because of our leisurely approach we felt rushed with the last couple of tastings, but it all worked out as we took our final tasting to dinner with us!

Dinner was served at tables inside on a lower deck. (Elevators are provided if needed.) We had a table at a window where we relaxed and enjoyed the view while dining. The Tampa cruise set out of Ybor Channel and on into Hillsborough Bay and the Garrison Channel. It would not have been a picturesque cruise, if not for viewing of homes along Bayshore Drive, and Harbour and Davis Islands. In our view, the leisurely evening of wining and dining spent on the water topped dining at a restaurant somewhere ashore.

For dinner we chose to start with a nice house salad, then my wife and I selected dinners of salmon and short ribs, which we shared between us. For dessert I had a bourbon bread pudding and my wife had a chocolate cake. Be forewarned that they charge extra for coffee. All in all, dinner was not the best we have had, but we nonetheless enjoyed the offerings.

Service by all staff also was exceedingly good, and the entire ship's staff seemed eager to please.

Following dinner we retired to the upper deck where we completed our evening dancing outdoors to music provided by a DJ.

The Yacht Starship dining cruise is a nice addition to the dining options in Tampa. The evening was not inexpensive, however. The wine tasting was an added cost on top of the cost of the dinner cruise. Still, it was a special night out, which we enjoyed thoroughly. We look forward to doing it again. Our friends returned for the 4th of July dining cruise, which they highly recommended as well.

There were some families, but mostly couples, which makes sense considering the wine tasting. It appeared that everyone had a wonderful evening.

We very much recommend both the wine tasting cruise as well as the normal dining cruise if you are looking for something special, something exceptional to do.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank J K
Bradenton, Florida
“A nice night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Unlike the reviewer below, my husband and I both ordered the short rib dinner and we both found it very tasty. The wine tasting was fine, nothing special, and I had trouble consuming 6 different wines in less than an hour, so I poured my samples into plastic cups and took them with me to the dining room to enjoy with dinner. No one objected. Our waitress, Jen was especially good. She was friendly and attentive, and seemed to be enjoying helping us decide what to order and taking care of our needs. All and all, it was a pleasant, if expensive evening.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Starting whit the food not even ok in my case I ordered the "BRAISED SHORT RIBS RIOJA" that's the name of the dish , but what they serve is not short ribs, they serve you 3 small chunks of roast beef that is nothing close to short ribs the beer selection on draft is only one type of locally crafted beer (ale and light) the drink quality was horrible ,my wife had a 45 oz margarita (more than half was ice) ,The staff was OK ,but the servers apparently are expecting more tips besides all added gratuities after they get the final payment if there is no added tip you won't see then again.
We never saw any entertainment , no music or DJ.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CarlosTampa
Brandon, Florida
“Enjoyable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Took my mom on the Yacht StarShip for her birthday, and we really had a great time. Service and servers were fantastic. Everyone was very friendly. Food was delicious. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Looking forward to another trip on the Yacht!

Visited June 2012