“Fun Time Out With Family”
Review of Yacht StarShip

Yacht StarShip
Ranked #464 of 2,580 Restaurants in Tampa
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Tampa Bay's Premier Dining Yachts | Tampa • St. Petersburg • Clearwater Yacht StarShip, America's First 3-diamond rated Dining Yacht by AAA, ranks in the top 28% of all restaurants. Our exquisite dining cruises offer private seating, tableside service, spectacular views and dancing under the stars.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Tip - Sign up for their mailing list. A few months ago, I was thinking about going on this so decided to sign up for the mailing list. About a month later, I got notice that their "Sea of Wines" tickets on certain days were BOGO (for those who don't shop at Publix, Buy One, Get One free!). Not only were they BOGO, but now they included a wine tasting of six wines. Because of the discount, my hubby and I decided to take his family - mom, dad, and sister as a gift. We had a great time! We boarded right when the wine tasting started. I ended up sampling five, my hubby and father-in-law had time to sample all six. They were very generous samples too - almost half a glass for each one. There were three red wines and three white wines. We were given a card, and each sample we got the bartender signed the card so we couldn't go back to his station. There were also a few appetizers passed out at this point. I think we got 2-3 each.
Then, we went down to our table to order for dinner. Almost everyone got something different and I think we all enjoyed our meals. I personally got the ravioli and thought it was some of the best I had ever had. For dessert, I got the chocolate item and felt this could have been better - it was a little dry (and I normally love the chocolate item!). Appetizers were extra, but salad or soup was included, so I didn't see a need for one anyway. Also, we were sat by a window during the meal and we were able to watch the port go by, which was very enjoyable.
After the meal, we went out on the deck. My hubby and I did a little dancing. They played requests, so he requested our song. We also did the electric slide, cupid slide, etc. We had a good time. Not that many people dancing though.
I thought it was a fun trip and would do it again, but not at regular price. Look for specials and you will probably find one. Also, they do charge mandatory 18% gratuity on the regular price of the cruise.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Well here it is in the nutshell:
The crew, staff, servers, etc. Great!
The atmosphere and entertainment, not much to talk about.
The wines sampled, really nothing special.
The food - - - - HORRIBLE..!!!!

The food was lousy, worse than dried up old leftovers.

Taking into consideration the initial cost of the tickets plus all of the added costs of drinks, appetizers, deserts and don't forget the added gratuities....

You would be much better off going to the best restaurant in town followed up by drinks and dancing at a nightclub for about the same cost... Just WAY BETTER....

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Shrimp appetizer costs $12.99 and you only get 4 medium sized shrimp. They need to serve bread at no charge on this cruise or something. It takes a long time to get your food. I suggest eating before you go.

2  Thank Paula G
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I made reservatuon letting themn know that 4-1-13 was my mothers 99th birthday. They said they would put on board that would be seen by everyone getting on boat it was a 8 x 11 piece of paper at waiting area.... listing all birthdays and anniversaries not 99 not 60th anniv...etc. ....not on the boat itself. I hadI asked if Happy Birthday could be sung and was told the DJ would take requests and would be happy to oblige...I mentioned we would not want dirty words, etc in music and he said they play to the crowd and on Easter it wouldn't be a problem. I was told tickets were all inclusive....when calling in for further info I was then told only water is served you buy any other beverages. but, beverages "were" included ...jeez! we boarded at 2 p.m. for Easter/Bday Brunch....We sat till 3:30p.m. while just about every other table was called to go to buffet...we couldn't leave the table to go outide because we had "no" way of knowing when table would be called......by the time we got called and ate it was 4 pm with docking at 4:30. We finally got outside on third level to come out of elevator and see the f'n Easter Bunny doing a "bump and grind" with a woman of about 35.....a very nasty bump and grind "with" her....while 2 feet away appox....12 small children had just finished dancing to the bunny hop and were watching....from the point on extremely loud Latin music blasted a a few singles got up and danced by themselves and they we docked....total of 20 min outside....oh and here is the best part..........on top of everything else instead of taking my mother with her walker on first we had to stand in line for 20 min. in the crush of many pushing, running children and evidently blind adults who kept shoving my mothers walker, etc. So you can forget Mothers Day on anything owned by starship.....Shame on them .........a 99 yr old and a 60 yr anniv....oh the anniversary was about the 4th table called I know because we were sitting right next to them.....also I bussed my own table since no one ever removed the dirty dishes, reiced the tea or gave us any idea of when we would be called....then I was told there was no set order ....so duh you couldn't let the little old lady with the walker go ????? Sad! Shame on them.......rude rude rude.

3  Thank e m
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Did the St. Patrick's Day cruise and the service and food was awesome. This was a neat trip with pretty sights and I was impressed with the color of green when the Tampa Fireboats dyed the Hillsborough River green. The boat is nice and pleasant and the upper deck is great for viewing and fresh air. I would like to try a dinner cruise next!

1  Thank Nathan B

Been to Yacht StarShip? Share your experiences!