Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$72
Travelocity
$142
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskraymond james stadiumour room was spaciousmake your own waffleshot tubfree breakfastpleasant stayyogurtan early flightbusiness tripwould stay againupon checkgreat place to staytampa airportgreat customer servicethe breakfast areastarr
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was very pleased visiting Tampa due to the my stay at Comfort Suites. I travel for business regularly and stay at many different hotels, but I rarely find customer service like I did here. The rooms were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. To top off the visit the breakfast was great and the front desk staff was more than courteous and made sure I was accommodated very well. I would recommend this Hotel to any of my friends and family.DB

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Firstly, I want to say that in my 28 years in the airline business having traveled the world and staying in dives to resorts, I have never found more genuine and caring staff- EVER!

I was in Tampa following a kidney transplant, and upon release from the hospital, I needed to stay in Tampa for 3-4 weeks.

I booked this hotel through Hotwire although they also participate in Priceline.

Upon arrival, I met the GM, Shital, who was manning the front desk. We had a lovely discussion about the unfortunate name "Comfort Suites Near Raymond James Stadium" which engendered the dumps along Dale Mabry Highway adjacent to the stadium. I would call this an Airport North hotel since they have a shuttle and are just north of the main runway.

This is a strong 2.5* hotel. The room was oversized and contained a mini-fridge and microwave. This is not a huge property laterally, but is a tall one. A large desk with a pull out couch completed my room.

I had some special needs and all were handled with compassion and speed. Shital should thank her lucky stars for an employee like Victor who spends his time running around the hotel and climbing the stairs like a jaguar going up a tree.

When I went to tip Victor for exceptional service, he refused saying he was just doing his job. I asked him if the customer is always right, and he said yes. So I said, this is for you, and because I am the customer, you should accept this. I never had to convince a hotel employee to accept a tip before!

There really is very little within walking distance. A 7-11 is about 3 blocks away otherwise you'll need your car.

If you can snag this property, you will be happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Was pleased with Comfort Suites for a two-day stay while in Tampa for the weekend.

The rooms are fully modern with an excellent bed, great workstation, mini fridge, microwave, and electronic safe. There's a sofa and arm chair with coffee table in the room. The bed deserves a lot of accolades for it's comfort. It demonstrates that two-star hotel class can provide excellent beds for their guests if they try. Comfort Suites in Tampa tried and achieved.

The breakfast was better than most two star hotels. Eggs (both boiled and omelette patty) were available. Fresh juice, milk, choice of oatmeals, fruit, waffle maker station were all available. Most hotels in the class get by with far less.

The property is well maintained. It's clean, clean, clean. This starts with the lobby and breakfast area to the room.

Three opportunities for the hotel to improve:
(1) The elevators are extremely slow, appear older, and could use upgrading
(2) The wifi internet service -- while reasonably fast -- is inconsistent. Twice I had to phone the 1-800 support number of the ISP the hotel uses to have the wireless access point on my floor rebooted. It seems the the system was installed by the hotel a few weeks ago and the system is still not fully without problems.
(3) Walls are not entirely solid. I overheard the conversation of a (loud) woman on the phone next door between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am when i was getting ready for bed

All in all, a good stay at the Comfort Suites. I would stay again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My room was very clean! Very nice layout also. The staff was very nice and friendly also. It was a great stay. Make sure you take advantage of the breakfast it was delicious! I will definitely book a room here on my next trip to Florida!

• Stayed: November 2013
gmfl760, Manager at Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great Service by staff, good location, Great breakfast to include eggs, waffles and bagels, comfortable rooms with good pillows. Group friendly. We had a group of 106 kids and 25 or so adult chaperones and they accompdated us well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends