“So-So”

Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
Ranked #95 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
dade city, FL
Reviewed October 4, 2005

Stayed there for 2 nights. The pool was lovely. The rooms were nice. It's basically an old motel that's been re-vamped. The restaurant was obviously good since there were so many people there (but we never ate there). My only complaint really is the terrible TV channels. I guess they didn't have cable?
It's a tad bit pricy for what you get but still good if you aren't too picky. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do in that area. Oh yes, some of the rooms had bigger bathrooms than others.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
rduring, Manager at Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

We welcome the comments on your stay, it has assisted us on improving our hotel. Since you have been here regular cable television has been installed and guests have access to 35 channels.

There are newer reviews for Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa

Reviewed September 29, 2005

Sorry if I can not concur with some of the rave reviews, but I booked this because of the great things said about this place yet it wasn't what I expected. The first room we were given had mattresses that were hard as a rock, pillows that were, well, like sheets folded up, and okay, we can live with that but the bathroom! Infested with flying ants! And our room did not have a DVD player as indicated, it could...for a fee. The rooms aren't retro..they are just plain outdated and old, nothing "retro" about that. We were there for the convinience to Tampa General Hospital, but after the first night I did not want to go back. Come to find the the beautiful rooms are all in the tower, but only contain queen size beds. Again, I'm sorry, but for the price they charge for one night I was very disappointed. The front desk was great. The next day they moved us into a new room and gave us the DVD player at no charge. I think they forgot to actually paint the wall in the bathroom after the primer because you could see the greenboard in there, not to mention the gaping holes around the outlets where the drywall was cut too big. Can't say anything about the food as we only ate at the hospital. My daughter enjoyed the pool for the hour we had the chance and the hammocks they had available. Quite frankly, for the price I would never rebook there unless I went for the remodeled room. Cookie cutter rooms or not, I prefer them without bugs.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank dodytoo

We welcome the comments on your stay, it has assisted us on improving our hotel. Since you have been here the mattresses have been replaced and the furniture in the rooms have been updated.

Reviewed September 16, 2005

I live in CA my Mother in KS; I escorted my mother by coordinating the trip and selecting the Tahitian Inn to find that it met all of my hours of researching online (ideally). I'd been recently diagnosed with Diabetes. My Father had since past away & one of my Brothers was graduating from Aviation School in FL. We were provided with one of the rooms around the parking lot, next to the pool; 2 Queen-sized beds, data port for Laptop with refrigerator & sizeable. I’m picky and willing to upgrade however Mom was pleased so I gave in and found it to be truly magical because of our location. We experience warm days and moderate nights (June). I recall one day a rain took place which created a mist around the pool area and the setting provided another avenue for a swim in their very lovely Tropical Pool setting. At this time we ventured to Tahitian Inn Café - I read that it was special online and I am extremely particular - This Is a Great Restaurant; affordable, willing to match your dietary needs, courteous. We ate there everyday of our stay. Even locals were drawn to it. Don't forget America, this is Florida, so pick your visit time carefully. I as born in Panama City, Florida and found this be a great back to Florida Hotel Stay with my Mother & Brother. Recommended & would do it again, next time the main hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2005

Royal Palm Beach, FL
Reviewed May 6, 2005

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
rduring, Manager at Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Reviewed May 2, 2005