My family (2 adults, 2 children) stayed at the Tahitian April 2014 before a cruise. We chose this hotel because they offered the park and cruise package so we could leave our vehicle at the hotel for the week. It was less expensive than paying to park at the port.
Reservations were made easily by phone. We booked a non smoking queen cabana room.
The good: At check in we were upgraded to a cabana suite (due to overbooking). We also signed up for the shuttle to the port. The times left were 10am and 1pm. We did the 10am. Clerk was efficient but not that friendly/welcoming. Lobby was nice and outside entrance area was clean and looked like pics on their website. Pool area was clean and had a great bar area. Pool, we thought it was supposed to be heated, was cold and we didn't use it during our stay as a cold front had came through.
We loved our room. Bathroom was clean and had a large sink area separate from tub/toilet area and the small soaps and shampoos smelled great. The sleeping area was divided by a quaint divider. There was a sitting area with couches, a small table w/chairs and a tv on one side and the two beds and another tv on the other. My children used the WiFi. It worked fine. No problem at checkout the next am. Hotel seemed to be in an ok area and we weren't concerned about leaving our minivan in the parking lot for the week. Shuttle showed up on time and we were the only ones on it going to port. There is a trailer attached to the van for the luggage. Fast and efficient and driver was very friendly. 10am turned out to be perfect. (We arrived at port and gave our luggage to the porter and made way inside. We were on the ship by 11/11:30.)
The bad: We were told when we got off the cruise ship to meet in the pickup area and call the hotel and driver would come. As soon as our cruise was over and we arrived back into port I called the hotel and we were told it would be about 30min. No problem. BUT, 45min. later we are still in the parking deck. STANDING. There were no benches and nowhere to sit so if you are unable to stand for long periods of time you might want to rethink this hotel package. I called the hotel back and the lady assured me he was on his way. The shuttle arrived. It has been an hour wait at this time. 2 groups of folks head toward the shuttle and the driver tells my family we might have to wait for him to come back. I let him know we had been there for an hour. The group we were standing beside hadn't even called the hotel b/c we had talked to them while we were waiting. There were 2 seats left but the people on the bus said they'd make room (yea, nice of ya since we actually called the shuttle) and a child sat on my lap and we made it on. After we got going the walkie talkie goes off and we hear the front desk lady ask if he got "" (my family) yes, he says, I got them all. Barely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahitian Inn and Spa is a boutique gem in the heart of South Tampa. Located just minutes from downtown, Raymond James, and Tampa International airport, the legendary Bern's Steakhouse, and SOHO area, University of Tampa, shopping and dining, Tahitian Inn is in the perfect location. With on-site dining and outdoor pool and poolside Tiki-bar, guests enjoy resort-style amenities and an all-inclusive experience. Rooms are interior Executive or exterior Cabana rooms, all have tile floors, microwave, mini-fridge, free wifi, free parking, and with executive Queen rooms add a wet bar, plus jetted tub and balcony upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa