“Perfect for Kindergarten lovers” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 South Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33609   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #91 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Perfect for Kindergarten lovers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was searching online for a nice hotel to relax over the weekend and it had to be pet friendly. So I decided to stay at the Tahitian Inn. On our arrival very friendly staff greated us. First thing I had to sign the pet agreement - $50 is too much. They should advertise that fee in their listing. The entrance hall, the restaurant as well the rooms were really nice. No complain. The bed (mattress) too soft. But I booked the room because of the nice pool area to relax. So we went to the pool and 2/3 of the pool area was closed for a private party. So we "relaxed" on one pool recliner. And it was pretty loud. Next day in the morning it was not too bad. We left at noon for some sight seeing and came back at 4pm to enjoy the pool area again. It was overcrowded with people and children Pool was full of toys. The were jumping, screaming, shouting and splashing and I was scared to go into the pool especially with my older mother. Nobody said a word - not the parents as well not the staff. There were signs: No jumping, but nobody did care. The staff only was busy selling drinks and food at the bar. For a kindergarten holiday a perfect spot but not for people over 35 years.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I found this hotel online because I was traveling with my dogs and it was listed as pet friendly. After reading somewhat mixed reviews, I booked this hotel for a two day business trip and proceeded with caution. When I arrived, the front desk staff was very friendly and the hotel was well appointed. I was given a room with both a balcony as well as a jacuzzi tub just upstairs from the lobby. The room was clean, nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The noise from the street and the air conditioner in the room was pretty bad, but the biggest complaint that I have and the reason for only an average rating was that this was a business trip and the "Free Wi-FI" did not exist. According to staff, it's a Brightstar issue that is being "taken care of", according to the other reviews, this is an ongoing problem. Either way, I had to check out early and pay for another hotel just to get some work done. Not cool.

Room Tip: Don't stay in main building if you are a light sleeper. Lots of noise from the street and Chick...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at the Tahitian Inn in February 2014 and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located relatively close to the Yankees training facility, so it was an easy drive for us to attend spring training games. There are bars and restaurants in the Hyde Park area which is a nice walk or very short cab ride from the Hotel. We needed to use our rental car to get to places like Ybor City and parks of downtown Tampa, but overall, we were happy with the location.
The food is alright. We ordered an appetizer at the bar one night, and it's nice that they have it right on site if you need a snack. The drinks were delicious and served poolside.
Everyone who worked at the hotel was kind and friendly. The rooms and pool were kept in very clean condition. Our room was spacious, and there was free parking onsite (definitely a value as most of the hotels we looked at charged an astronomical valet parking fee). We had the opportunity to talk to other guests when we were at the pool, and it never felt too crowded. Our room came with a free microwave and mini fridge. There's an A&P about a 3 minute drive down the road. We kept breakfast items and wine in our room to save us some money.
I wish the pool bar had been open on weekdays. We would've loved to hang out there and have a few drinks before heading off to dinner. We also disliked that guests were allowed to smoke at the pool and the pool bar. It seemed like there was always someone smoking.
Overall a great value. We stayed here for a few nights and the Marriott Harborside for a few nights. Two completely different experiences, but because of the value, we'd pick the "homey, family-owned" Tahitian Inn over a large corporate chain. It was worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel was clean and the rooms were large and lovely. We weren't expecting an upscale hotel as the price was very reasonable. Beware of the air conditioning in your room. Ours didn't work and of course it was too hot to sleep. We didn't discover this a/c issue until late that night. The reason I chose this hotel for my husband and I was the location and the "Spa". It was my husbands 50th birthday celebration and as part of his gift I wanted to get him a massage. While the massage its self was wonderful for my husband the "Spa" left much to be desired. It wasn't really a "spa". It was more like a very large walk in closet. The massage professional(s) are not on property. They come when there is an appointment made. We most likely will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want quiet make sure you don't get a room near the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Chester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I title this dual purpose hotel as it is almost like two hotels in one! I was booked into a "traditional" room, which was not what I was looking for! This room was great for families with young children, those on a budget...but I was looking for a more upscale place for my adult daughters and me to spend a couple of nights. I was then shown the suites which were exactly what I was looking for!! We had a wonderful, comfortable suite with two bedrooms and enjoyed dining outside by the beautiful, tropical waterfall! The food was absolutely first class delicious (breakfast and dinner) but perhaps the best part of all was Susan, the hostess! She was delightful and made us feel so at home (and had us laughing so hard!!) I have to admit, this visit started out badly as nothing seemed to be what I was looking for and turned out just wonderful!!! I would 100% return here! Only "caution" is decide what experience you are looking for room wise prior to booking. Oh, and Eli at the front desk was amazing!!!

Room Tip: As I said above, decide what your needs are for a room. The rooms not facing the road are probably t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank crawford43
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I read a lot of reviews about this place, and to my delight they turned out to be true! Such a cute hotel, large rooms, beautifully decorated… I can't say enough good things about this place. Will definitely come back if I'm in town again. Can't beat the price on top of it all!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Loveinparadise
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay. Large, well kept, clean, and nicely decorated rooms. Staff really friendly. Great breakfasts at Tiki Joe's. Location was pretty good, in town for a conference at the convention centre, only a short cab ride away. Lots to do nearby. Will return if I come back to Tampa in future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business