We stayed at the Tahitian Inn in February 2014 and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located relatively close to the Yankees training facility, so it was an easy drive for us to attend spring training games. There are bars and restaurants in the Hyde Park area which is a nice walk or very short cab ride from the Hotel. We needed to use our rental car to get to places like Ybor City and parks of downtown Tampa, but overall, we were happy with the location.
The food is alright. We ordered an appetizer at the bar one night, and it's nice that they have it right on site if you need a snack. The drinks were delicious and served poolside.
Everyone who worked at the hotel was kind and friendly. The rooms and pool were kept in very clean condition. Our room was spacious, and there was free parking onsite (definitely a value as most of the hotels we looked at charged an astronomical valet parking fee). We had the opportunity to talk to other guests when we were at the pool, and it never felt too crowded. Our room came with a free microwave and mini fridge. There's an A&P about a 3 minute drive down the road. We kept breakfast items and wine in our room to save us some money.
I wish the pool bar had been open on weekdays. We would've loved to hang out there and have a few drinks before heading off to dinner. We also disliked that guests were allowed to smoke at the pool and the pool bar. It seemed like there was always someone smoking.
Overall a great value. We stayed here for a few nights and the Marriott Harborside for a few nights. Two completely different experiences, but because of the value, we'd pick the "homey, family-owned" Tahitian Inn over a large corporate chain. It was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahitian Inn and Spa is a boutique gem in the heart of South Tampa. Located just minutes from downtown, Raymond James, and Tampa International airport, the legendary Bern's Steakhouse, and SOHO area, University of Tampa, shopping and dining, Tahitian Inn is in the perfect location. With on-site dining and outdoor pool and poolside Tiki-bar, guests enjoy resort-style amenities and an all-inclusive experience. Rooms are interior Executive or exterior Cabana rooms, all have tile floors, microwave, mini-fridge, free wifi, free parking, and with executive Queen rooms add a wet bar, plus jetted tub and balcony upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa