I desperately needed to get away from a very stressful life at work as well as home. I went on google to find a spot in the US that was at least 65'-70' and one that also had spa services and somewhere that I had never been to. I wanted sun and solitude. Actually; US Airways started the negative ball rolling by sending my bag to DCA and placing me on a non-stop to TPA 4 hours before my bag got there. When I called the Inn to get a shuttle there; the clerk at the front desk argued with me that it wasn't their responsibility to take me to the Inn and then 4 hours later have to take me back to the airport to retrieve my bag. They did eventually take me but I did tell them that they really put a bad taste in my mouth about even staying there and that I perhaps should go elsewhere.
The bedding was wonderful and the room was very tasteful except for ants all over the kitchen counter, on the bathroom floor, and even in my bed !!! I had to store everything like my coffee cup, creamer, spoons, etc. in the fridge to keep the ants off !!! The bathroom floor grout was VERY dirty and I did not go barefoot at all. I took a bath with jets one night and a big gob of someone else's hair blew out of the jets. I heard the people in the rooms adjoining mine do to paper-thin walls. Spa & pedicure just average. Very upsetting when I waited 10 minutes for each because the hotel staff did not bother to tell me that the pedicure would be in room 302 & the massage in room 309 instead of on the 2nd floor which is plastered on posters in the lobby...RIDICULOUS and lousy customer service. Mike from the Tiki Bar was very pleasant even when I told him that using postal property for wet towels would get him a pricey fine. Sue from the cafe was a sweetheart. The clerk at the desk in the evenings & overnight never smiled and was rude and crabby constantly and would just glare at me and make me feel very uncomfortable ( Not Amber; she was sweet) SO, after 3 days; I booked a flight and went to Puerto Rico for the remainder of my time in FL. Not a chance will I ever go back there........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahitian Inn and Spa is a boutique gem in the heart of South Tampa. Located just minutes from downtown, Raymond James, and Tampa International airport, the legendary Bern's Steakhouse, and SOHO area, University of Tampa, shopping and dining, Tahitian Inn is in the perfect location. With on-site dining and outdoor pool and poolside Tiki-bar, guests enjoy resort-style amenities and an all-inclusive experience. Rooms are interior Executive or exterior Cabana rooms, all have tile floors, microwave, mini-fridge, free wifi, free parking, and with executive Queen rooms add a wet bar, plus jetted tub and balcony upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa