“The breakfast was great”

Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
Ranked #95 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The price is right and the location was where I needed to be. The pool is nice but in the middle of a parking lot. I had breakfast one morning in the restaurant and it was very good as was my server. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and there are many restaurants around the area.
The shower is one of the worst I have had in a hotel in a long time, not a lot of water pressure or flow, and it never got really hot. The rooms are average Nd mine had a mini fridge, microwave, and a coffee maker.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the loud ice machine
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here for one night when all the hotels in downtown Tampa were fully booked.
To start with the good: The room was nice and spacious and the ladies at the reception nice.
Unfortunately this place is located right next to a very busy street, so it's very noisy.
On top of that we had the extremely loud vending machine right in front of our room (235).
And in addition to that the Internet wouldn't work anywhere in the hotel. - But to be fair: The poor old ladies even offered me their own desk to work on.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Theresia5
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

If flight before 9am don't expect to get a shuttle. If you want to enjoy spa make sure it isn't under construction. Bartenders, servers, and spa staff will go above and beyond but if you expert the desk staff to be polite or accommodating look somewhere else. Check a map. Locations listed as "minutes" away will require a vehicle. Locations "miles away" will take a half hour plus to reach without crazy Florida traffic. Rooms will not look like photos. If you like to take bathes bring your own tub stopper. If its "Chef Erins creations" you hope to enjoy make sure she actually works here or isn't on vacation. Again bartenders, servers and spa attending Yuliye will go above and beyond to make your stay great but don't expect that from front desk staff. If you like being belittled and made to feel insignificant then go for it. Maybe 19 years of traveling all over world have given me higher expectations for my $. Maybe managing a restaurant and spa at a four star resort has clouded my judgement. Just read the fine print and bring a car or cab fare. Prices may be economical but nothing else about this place is.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having stayed at the Tahitian Inn once before a few years ago, I was looking forward to my return visit this past weekend.

Somehow I remember it being a lot nicer.

The positives - TI has a great location, rooms are spacious, beds are comfy and the breakfast is excellent, albeit pricey (40 bucks for breakfast for 3 people!!!). Employees were very nice and helpful.

The negatives:

- our room had ANTS (see the picture).
- the A/C unit was noisy and didn't cool down the room even at 68 degrees.
- we were next to the pool in room 131 (avoid!) so we were treated to pool bar noise until late at night.
- As stated in a previous review, the walls are paper thin - at one point we were startled by what apparently was a jet engine, but after a few seconds we realized it was the guest in the next room taking a shower.
- Our room was also next to the maintenance room, ice machine and vending machine ($2 for a can of Diet Coke btw). More traffic noise, starting at 730 AM.

We were so tired we just put it with the noise and ants and heat... but we only stayed one night.

Sorry to say I'll skip the TI next time I'm in Tampa.

Room Tip: Avoid #131 or any room on the 1st floor close to the pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was my third visit to the Tahitian Inn. I enjoyed the pool and bar area and had the regular room (outside entrance). Staying there on my own this time I felt safe and comfortable. Took at cab to Bern's Steak House (wonderful) for dinner. Front desk staff is capable and efficient. The free airport shuttle was timely and only runs from their hotel (so no time-delaying extra stops). The tiki décor around the pool is festive and the bartender was great. Rooms are cool and comfortable. Looking forward to another visit soon. Thanks Tahitian!

Room Tip: Indoor corridor rooms are fancier but the regular (exterior corridor) rooms are great too.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maggers
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I booked two rooms here for a girl's weekend. The outside and lobby area are very nice. It was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The front desk reception and all the employees in the restaurant were so friendly and helpful. Even the rooms were decorated in an attractive manner and were very clean. The negatives are that the walls are apparently paper-thin. Both nights we could hear cackling laughter from the pool area until 2 AM. Then the cleaning crew and kids playing in the pool would wake us up at 7AM. The air-conditiioner was also very disruptive to sleep, since it was so loud as it switched on and off. The first night, it woke me up every 30 minutes. The second night, I chose to be hot and turned it off. We also had some breathing troubles and suspect the a/c units are moldy. All in all, I probably wouldn't return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I are staying here tonight and we were here last night. What a lovely place! It has such charm and the staff is spectacular....Vanessa on the front desk was a delight when I called and made my reservation on the phone about a month ago and it was such a pleasure to meet her. We had breakfast at the cafe and it was perfect and the service was spectacular. A wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and it was great. The bed was really comfortable and when you walk into...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple