“Nice place to stay before a cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Call for Best Rates!
Ranked #85 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
“Nice place to stay before a cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here before our cruise. The hotel and rooms clean wifi worked great and above all the staff no matter what part of hotel you were in was very friendly. The complimentary shuttle to the port was a plus and the driver was very friendly as well. My husband and I agree we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in back quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Corning, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was expecting the crew from Hotel Impossible to storm through the front door. I was not impressed with the neighborhood, or the cleanliness of the hotel. There was no one to greet us at the front door, and the front desk staff did not wear uniforms. Our room was "dirty" when we went to check in, so we were unable to complete the check in process (they did offer to stow our bags, though) We went to the cafe. The waitress was fantastic and the food was good, but there was a rough looking man sitting in the bar, and the whole area seemed dingy and in need of repair. We booked a different hotel, gathered our bags and moved on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Maureen C
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I came here for my 30th birthday with my boyfriend last weekend and stayed Friday and Saturday. This is my second time staying here in the last 2 years. I love the feel and look of this hotel. My first time i stayed in the motel part, which was not newly renovated and not as nice as the pictures show on the website. This last trip I stayed in the Queen Executive Suite with a balcony and jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. It was gorgeous!! The balcony overlooked the Koi pond down below and it was nice and clean. The only thing I can say bad about this hotel room was that the AC was very noisy and that the TV was a tube type that looked like it was from the 90's. A flat screen would do wonders for these 140$ a night suites. Also, on Friday when we went to eat lunch at the cafe, it took about 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge that we were sitting and waiting for service. That was my first experience at the restaurant. The food was good but the service was so/so. I also wanted to book a spa package but on the website they state the Spa is closed until further notice for renovations so I booked a spa day somewhere else. Upon checking in, they told me the spa was open. They should probably update the website so they don't continue to lose any business. Over all, its a nice hotel that needs a few tweaks to be an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Room #239 overlooks the Koi Pond, nice view from the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights (Sun, Mon, Tues) in mid-August. We did not have reservations and chose this hotel based on proximity to our son's apartment. We stopped in and asked to see one of the interior rooms (Executive) in the main building, as we did not want an exterior room. The room was spacious with a kitchenette and roomy bathroom, and it was very clean and fresh. I loved the tropical decor of our room. I see some folks don't like the tile floors, but that didn't bother us. If we had any complaint with the room, it was with the TV. It was some offbrand flat panel with absolutely horrible sound. A king bed would have been preferable to the queen but it was comfortable enough and we slept well. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant (not complementary) on 2 mornings and it was very good both days, with excellent and friendly service. One other complaint is that one evening after we had fallen asleep sometime after 11 p.m. the fire alarm went off and stayed on for some time. After quickly dressing we stepped out into the hallway and asked the desk clerk what was going on and she said everything was o.k. but offered no explanation. Upon inquiring the next morning on our way out for the day, the desk clerk said they had fogged the restaurant that evening and she guesses it set off the alarm. All in all, it was a good hotel for our purposes on this particular trip. We will probably choose a hotel in downtown Tampa next time though.

Room Tip: If you haven't pre-booked your reservation, ask to look at the room before you book, so there ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Tahitian In is a charming boutique hotel conveniently located near MacDill AFB. We love staying there because the hotel not only provides attractive, clean, comfortable rooms, but has pool, restaurant and spa facilities and prices are very affordable,

Room Tip: We prefer rooms in the tower, but the cabana rooms are still clean, well appointed and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed there with our two kids for 2 nights to visit Busch Gardens. It was a last minute decision to go and I didn't have much time to search for a hotel. I came across the Tahitian Inn and fell in love with the pictures. I admit that it did look as the pictures showed, but it wasn't what I expected. The room was very clean. I liked that it has tile throughout instead of carpet. Its much cleanser. It was nicely decorated. However, the bed was very uncomfortable! My husband and I kept rolling into the center of a king size bed. It felt like we were on a twin bed. The sofa bed where the kids slept was uncomfortable, too. It also be nice if they replaced the shower head. It was uncomfortable to shower. Very little water came out. The pool was clean and beautifully decorated. It was relaxing. The hotel was about a 20 minute drive to Busch Gardens.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

First appearance was this is going to b nice stay. Evening clerk was a nice lady and very professional. The morning clerk needs to take lessons from her. I walked into my room and I was impressed. No flat screen but the had HBO. The room had aa very comfortable bed, micro, fridge, blow dryer, iron with board, and nice decor. Then comes the morning. The toilet worked ok but the sink would not drain. I had to take a cold shower. No hot water. There was slim in tub and something sticky on the bathroom floor. You have been warned.

• Stayed July 2013