I stayed at the Tahitian Inn for two nights this month. I was in town for the Gasparilla Pirate Parade and couldn't afford the hotel downtown where my friends were. Luckily, I found the Tahitian..only a 15 minute cab ride to downtown or Ybor City. I wish I had a chance to use the pool and tiki bar area because it looked so cozy. There was a fire pit at night and music too. The bed was extremely comfortable and I loved that there was a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room. Although the property is older (sky blue tile in the bathroom) everything was spotless! The tile floor was great..sometimes hotel carpets are funky. The only issues I had were the room smelled a bit musty upon check-in but that was easily fixed by turning the a/c down a few degrees and the shower never really got past lukewarm. The hotel was totally full all weekend due to Gasparilla and cruise passengers so maybe the water heaters couldn't keep up with the demand for hot water! There was a bit of noise, as the doors aren't soundproof, so if you are looking to sleep til noon in a silent bubble..you won't find that here! The front desk staff was really awesome and helpful..they called cabs for me and made check-in so easy (I had a complicated reservation because one night was booked through a travel site in a different name and the other night was done on the phone with my name). I didn't get a chance to use the spa but a local friend said he had a massage there once and it was great. Overall, I really liked my stay at the Tahitian because it was so clean, easy to get to the highway/downtown Tampa, staff was awesome, free parking and a comfy bed all at a great price. There is also a shuttle for the airport and cruiseport if that's what you need. I'll definitely stay here again, especially if I come to see a concert at Raymond James Stadium which is just down the block.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahitian Inn and Spa is a boutique gem in the heart of South Tampa. Located just minutes from downtown, Raymond James, and Tampa International airport, the legendary Bern's Steakhouse, and SOHO area, University of Tampa, shopping and dining, Tahitian Inn is in the perfect location. With on-site dining and outdoor pool and poolside Tiki-bar, guests enjoy resort-style amenities and an all-inclusive experience. Rooms are interior Executive or exterior Cabana rooms, all have tile floors, microwave, mini-fridge, free wifi, free parking, and with executive Queen rooms add a wet bar, plus jetted tub and balcony upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe And Spa
- Tahitian Hotel Tampa
- Tahitian Inn Spa