Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Park Motel(Tampa)
  • Pool
All reviewspool areacruise portnice poolneeded a place to staypre cruise staythe shuttle driverdowntown tampafree shuttlepoolsideuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

So, it's 1:07AM and I've never left a review before but felt like I had to do it. I'm awake, in a room at the Tahitian Inn, the only room available apparently so if I don't stay here I'll be sleeping in my car- though right now that seems like a great option because I'm too afraid to sleep... That's right folks, I'm terrified. The room reeks, musty, gross, not sure what it is. There are questionable black dots on the comforter of the other double bed in my room and I keep imagining things crawling on me. The toilet is old and doesn't flush properly, the hallway to get to the door to get to my room reeks like cat urine and I'm in an outdoor facing room which is sketchy in and of itself. Based on their website I never would have thought that this was actually a motel, not a hotel. Horrifying with a capitol H. Steer clear.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank carmella1950
Hotel M, Manager at Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We are sorry to hear your stay was 'Horrifying'. But unfortunately your stay with us was during the RNC which meant our entire hotel was rented out. We are staffed 24 hours a day, the personal on duty would have been more than pleased to reclean your room and provide fresh linen, or if you wished to leave we would have been able to help you locate a hotel that had availability. Also there aren't hallways to get to rooms because the entire exterior is an open setting. We sincerely regret your stay wasn't what you expected and do hope you would give us an opportunity to recitify the situation. Since we do not have your personal information please give us a call at 813-877-6721 and ask for Vanessa or Susie.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just had our entire wedding party rooming at the Tahitian in Tampa, Florida. Couldn't have had a better time. Great Customer service. Fantastic food and room service. And great rooms, especially with balconies, in the newly remodeled tower.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the remodeled tower.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ray R
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Good size room, cleaned, newly renovated. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful. Only one complaint is the AC was too noisy and made me awake for the first night. But, the front desk was so nice to show and offer a few rooms for me to choose. Will come back o stay here again if they promise to offer me a quite room on my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms with less AC noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary last weekend. Let me first say that the hotel is certainly out of place where it is located. It shares a parking lot with a Chick-Fil-A which sort of kills the curb appeal when you first arrive. That being said, once inside things change. The hotel is truly what you would classify a Boutique Hotel. The room that we had (King Suite in the Tower) was very nice. Tile throughout, big bathroom, Tommy Bahama design, very comfy bed. The pool was good with a “Tiki Feel” throughout. It was not crowded at all. We ate at the restaurant twice. Once for lunch and then again for breakfast. I would recommend sticking with lunch since breakfast was awful. My wife also used the on-site spa which she said was excellent. All in all a great stay but based on location would probably not return too soon.

Room Tip: stay in the tower
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel from the outside looks great. The service at the front desk was really good.
Room decor is ok, floors are all tile which is very cold walking around but at least clean.
Windows have plantation shutters which are pretty, however they let in light at night.
Linens are nice, modern but mattresses are very hard. Pillows are fine.

But worst is the lack of sound proofing between rooms.
First night, crying child until midnight. Second night new people next door, watching tv at 2:30 am and drunk.
Sound proofing was so bad I could hear every word of the next door neighbors conversation.
It was horrible. I did not sleep either night.

The only work around was to set the fan to run all night so I could try to muffle their conversations.

Additionally, rooms connect to the outside. People walking by the room you can hear as well. Cars can pull up and headlights can go into your room. Also vending machine noises.

I really did not want to write a bad review because service is so good but I could not sleep because of noise. I would never stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have anyone in rooms on either side. No sound proofing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KimberlyM223
Hotel M, Manager at Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for your review. We do apologize about the noise between your rooms during your stay. I would like to mention that if the issue was brought to our attention we would have been more than happy to relocate you to another room, which would have been quieter. We like for our guests to have a wonderful stay. But we can't fix a problem until it is brought to our attention.