$284
$107
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$129
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$144
$129
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$164
$159
$170
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$171
$150
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$125
$98
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$96
$90
HIExpress.com
All reviewspool areacruise portnice poolneeded a place to staypre cruise staythe shuttle driverdowntown tampafree shuttletilecabanapoolsideuber
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Spent the last 4 days at the Tahitian Inn with 18 members of our school drama group. The hotel, while not the Hyatt Regency or Downtown Embassy Suites, provided everything and more than we expected. The staff was pleasant, polite, and extremely helpful. When we got to the hotel, we found our room assignments scattered and separated. However, when we asked the staff if they could put us in rooms adjacent to each other, or at least, closer to each other, they immediately rectified the situation with efficiency and politeness. All the rooms were clean and well kept, and we were provided with all the necessary supplies (towels, soap, shampoo, etc.) on a daily basis. While not elegant, the rooms were family friendly and well maintained. The food at the hotel, especially the breakfast, was amazing! The dining area has both indoor and outdoor dining areas. The outdoor dining area is small but has a great outdoor water fountain that provides added atmosphere to your dining. Nice touch. The pool is huge and well maintained and has nice "pergola" style sitting areas. The kids also enjoyed the steam and fitness rooms, and the Wednesday night karoake! Very modern and pleasant.

This is a nice hotel for families and school groups. Maybe not for folks looking for luxurious accomodations. For us, it met all our needs and more. We love the staff, the accomodations, and the area restaurants, so we intend to use the Tahitian Inn again next year.

Room Tip: I preferred the second floor rooms. :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thespiandirector
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was one of those places where it was so bad that we gave up complaining and just had to stick it out and it was hard. This place could be ok, if management ran it properly. We stayed here 6 nights and would have left it it wasn't spring break and we paid in advance etc.
Our first room was disgusting not at all like the pictures and the maids seem to work all night long or very very early in the morning. The air conditioning is so loud and our rooms floor was so filthy my feet turned black in minutes....I got the spare blanket down to put on the floor and it was also filthy.....so disgusting! The second room was better but we had to pay more, but there were still issues. The air conditioning turned on every 10 or so minutes and it was so loud you could not sleep. The sheets on the bed were so thin and worn out they felt icky. The bed was so loud and worn out that you could not move without it sounding like wood breaking. The walls were so thin and you could here EVERYTHING going on in the room next to you. I think this place is used by the locals as a quick getaway if you know what I mean. The hallway to out room smelled like urine.
They have a really nice pool but there is not room for the people to enjoy it. We had two families there while we tried to use to pool and they took up every chair. Also they do not have a bathroom near the pool which to me is not sanitary.....I would not go in that water.
I feel management should take care of a lot of issues and I also think that most of the better reviews are people only staying one night.
The good things were the friendly service in the restaurant...when it was open. They turn it into a fancy dinner house with a limited menu at night, but the food is good.
Location is probably the best for near airport and cruise terminal.

Room Tip: could not recommend any of the rooms...we stayed one night in the lower and 5 nights in the tower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marzee1958
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hotel is not at all what they advertise it to be. I completely agree with some of the other reviews, it's a run down budget motel, not anything close to what they are advertising to be and certainly not worth what they are charging to stay.

First of all, when we checked in, we got a room with one bed rather than the two that we had reserved. We were told we couldn't be accommodated when we inquired about getting a room with two beds because they were 90% booked. They provided a roll out 'at no extra charge' but it was very poor quality, you could feel the springs coming throughout the mattress. Needless to say, our son bunked in with us for the night. When I walked around later in the evening, there were many rooms vacant and you could see in the windows that there were rooms with two beds.

The floor in our room was filthy, my son's feet were black in no time. All I could think of was bed bugs after that. And when I went to use the hair dryer in the morning, it didn't work. The staff were non responsive when I spoke to them about it. They didn't offer me another one and just stared blankly and said all they could do was pass along my complaint. It wasn't customer friendly, which was disappointing, especially considering they are advertising themselves as a spa-type of a hotel.

Bottom line is this place is a diump and I would never, ever return.

Room Tip: Just don't go.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RealMcCoy_23
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I got to my room after 11pm, only to find there was no soap of any kind in the bathroom. I called front desk and they said I could come get it. Since my room was as far from the front desk as possible and I was already in pajamas I decided against it and used my face soap.

The rooms are connected to other rooms with a pass-through, which apparently aren't even close to sound-proofed. It sounded like my next-door neighbors were in the room with me- snoring, intimate sounds, TV, shower, you name it, I heard it. Something woke me up every night, often multiple times a night.

Finally, I assumed when the website said they offered an airport shuttle they meant it. Apparently it doesn't start running until 9am, so if your flight is before that you're out of luck.

Other than that, the room is very clean.

Room Tip: If possible, find out if there is a room without a pass-through door, it might be quieter. Also, book your flights AFTER 9am.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank areukiddinme
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is no boutique hotel. Rooms are dated and resemble a budget hotel. The maids pushed housekeeping carts around on the stone sidewalks all day and it sounds like a freight train-forget any chance of an afternoon nap.
I was put in room 135 and stayed here while a lacrosse team was staying the hotel over college spring break. I was traveling on business and put right in between rooms of lacrosse players. Approx 9 pm I returned to my room after some shopping and dinner and saw 10 players and several cases of beer head in to the room next to me. I should mention that my room has a door between it and the "party" room as an adjoining suite.
I went to the front desk to be moved because it was pretty obvious what was going to happen that night.
The front desk staff was rude, they were argumentative, and they were unwilling to move me. They smirked and smiled while I talked and told me that I was being “presumptuous”. They said they were sold out and could not move me because there was no one to clean my room. I repeatedly asked my recourse if they were loud and I was unable to sleep and I was told nothing could be done I could just call the front desk or the police. I asked to speak to a manager and was given a business card and told she come in the next morning. I became angry and said this was unacceptable and would like to leave the hotel and they refused to cancel my reservation that I missed the 24 hours window to cancel. Felix in particular who worked at the front desk was a joke. He had no desire whatsoever to help me or even empathize with me. He should be not be in hospitality I don’t think he even knows what the word means. Shortly after a manager appeared (who had been there all along) and the scenario repeated itself with the same result.
I spent the night listening to doors slam, kids laughing, drinking, and hanging out at the pool until 2 am when the pool rules are that they are open till 10.
You can hear every noise outside in this place- the walls are paper thin. The staff is rude and apparently “spring break” at this hotel is code for you can do whatever you want and we don’t care about other other guests. It’s a free pass.
I should also mention that the internet stinks. They have 9 different routers onsite to connect to and every one of them had one or two bars at best.
The hotel only has standard cable and the TV’s are the old clunky style sets.
The bathtub was stained dirty rust brown.
I have never, nor will I ever stay in a hotel that has this poor customer service again. This place is billed as a resort spa getaway and instead it is more like a cheap budget hotel. The rooms were worth $35 per night and the customer service here did not exist. I will never be back.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business