$274
$107
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$148
Hilton.com
$129
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$133
$129
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$164
$159
$170
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$168
$150
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$125
$98
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$96
$90
HIExpress.com
All reviewspool areacruise portnice poolneeded a place to staypre cruise staythe shuttle driverdowntown tampafree shuttletilecabanapoolsideuber
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Recently stayed at the Tahitian for 2 nights prior to our cruise departing from Tampa. Upon check in we were given 2 very nice rooms one floor above the front desk. One room was great while the TV in the second room did not work. The front desk was called and we had a new tv within 10 mins. Food was ok and the Pool area was avg. The drink prices at the pool bar were a bit higher than I was expecting to pay therefore we only had one drink at the bar and returned to our rooms.

We took advantage of this hotel because of the cruise package with the shuttle service and parking option available to us.

Concerns I found were they have a lot of guests that use this hotel for the same reason and only have 1 van for a shuttle. This fills up very quickly and you are left waiting. We wanted to leave for the ship at 11am and were forced to wait until the 12pm shuttle which was also late.

When we returned we were told to call the hotel and they would arrange pick up for us. Well we had priorty disembarkation and were some of the first off the ship. We proceeded to the shuttle area and called the front desk at the hotel. We were told that the shuttle was on it's way back the the ship but was already full. It was also full on it's next run and it was going to be over 1 hour before it would get to us. So here we are 4 of us standing in the middle of the shuttle area being told we have to wait over 1 hour to be picked up. I was upset hung up the phone and paid $20 for a cab to take us back to the hotel to get our vehicle and left. I didn't even return to the front desk and waste my time voicing my concerns.

Room Tip: not worth the money for the cruise package. Better to stay else where and pay for a cab then to sit around waiting all day for the shuttle
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Dirty, grunge, terrible service, 3:00 pm and the bed isn't even made yet! (update, after the afternoon nap that was disturbed by power washing the decks, I'm told that the beds can't be changed no housekeeping services at night) Already cut the stay short by 2 days to get out of here. No resturant last night. Group of Lacross players took over the pool area, if you could call it a pool, more like a kettle. I've just come up from the cafe and the service was so bad, and the waiter (Shawn) so rude, that for the first time in my life, I gave no tip. I thought there was something on the mattress, maybe flowers, but evenly spaced, they must be coils if my only guess....I could go on. All of the bad reviews are deserving...why did I not see them before I prepaid this dump.

Room Tip: Parking lot views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elizabeth H
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I had a business trip to Tampa again.I try to stay at the Tahitian when I visit.They were booked solid due to spring break ect..I waited until the 3pm check inn on a saturday to look for a cancelation.I was in luck 1 room but a smoking room. # 119. I took a chance on it,I always book the main building because its updated and less noisey then the back area.The room did smell of smoke but it was a smoking room,I bought air freshner and tolerated it.The purpose of my review is a cleaning staff member at 6:30 am on Sunday morning was pushing the towel carts like frieght trains in front of the rooms,woke alot of people up,not sure why? But book the main building.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Booked 2 rooms for 1 night on Hotwire. Arrived late. Staff at the front desk were nice but had we not already paid for the rooms, we would have left and slept in the car if necessary. Both rooms were pretty awful. They smelled like they hadn't been used in a while. The headboards and mirror frames were plastic- have never encountered a plastic headboard before...didn't know that such a thing existed A picture fell off the wall onto one of the beds in 131. The bathroom in 129 was dirty- the drain stopper in the tub came off in my hand. The light switch plate was grimy as were the exposed pipes under the sink. The fixtures looked like they were from a house built in 1960. No water pressure in 131. One of the beds in 129 was short sheeted and the other bed had a comforter with a blood stain on it. The beds in 131 were on small platforms. If one of us moved the wrong way, the bed tilted to one side. The pillows were awful. The AC units cycled on and off every 3 minutes and were beyond loud and just didn't work well. Every noise outside of the room was heard inside. The TV in 131 was on when we got there. Someone had removed the on/off switch so it could not be turned off nor could the channel or volume be changed. We were going to unplug it but the outlet it was plugged into looked like it was from the Soviet Union circa 1952 and we decided that it may be better to not mess with it. Threw a blanket over the TV so we could sleep.
The owners brag about which 'famous' people have stayed there in the past and the fact that there is a Chick Fil-A restaurant on the premises. Perhaps they should spend less time revelling in the past and gloating about bad fast food and more time looking at the cleanliness of their rooms and at the quality of the furnishings and fixtures.
The owners will probably respond that we should have complained when we checked in so that they could move us to other rooms. I maintain that the owners/management surely know the state of their rooms and they could not possibly be surprised by a review like this. If your rooms are dirty and might possibly offend registered guests, clean them. Don't put the guest in a position of having to complain. Don't assume that people who don't complain are happy. Pay attention! Inspect your rooms on a very regular basis. Have some pride!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Janet A
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Here for two days on a business trip. Nothing fancy but very friendly staff; a little outdated, however the rooms are large & clean. Since it was not a vacation I didn't mind the noice level starting at 6AM due to garbage trucks in the lot picking up waste from hotel. Restaurant/cafe for breakfast (not included in price) was also "ok". Short trip to convention center. WiFi only works downstairs????? Get a room in the back of hotel if you don't want an early wake up call. It's really more of a motel with kitchenette than a hotel although the do have a spa which I did not use.

• Stayed: February 2012