“Nice place, and a good deal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa

Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
Ranked #87 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice place, and a good deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

After deciding to take a cruise out of Tampa, I looked for a hotel that had complimentary transportation from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the cruise port. The Tahitian Inn & Spa provided both. There were four of us, and the cost of the room was very reasonable (with our AARP discount).

This place is really special. It has a unique feel about it, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were basic, but nice and clean with all the necessary amenities including a refrigerator and microwave. The pool area is particularly nice, and the Tiki bar and cabana just added to the ambiance. There was live entertainment in the pool area when we were there (on a Friday), and this provided for a very relaxing evening.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank justmeandher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I was in town for a recent Trade Show. The trip was short notice and I booked the closest inexpensive hotel (the Tahitian) I came across. First impressions were that it was nice enough for the rate. The people at the front desk were curiously much nicer and competent than the rate or size of the hotel might indicate, at least in my normal travel experience. It's a rehabed motel, but with some updates. As has been pointed out, the noise does travel from room to room pretty easily, and though the room was good, the bathroom still needs an update (at least my room). The whole place is clean as a wistle though.

Now, my computer wifi was not picking up in my room and this actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It worked just fine at the front desk and restaurant/lounge. When I firsted inquired about it, I talked with Vanessa. Now here is one of the more genuinely nice people you will ever meet. It wasn't essential that I have room wifi right then, but we talked about options, getting with the computer people the next day, etc. I am normally pretty demanding on getting services performed, but Vanessa is just so dang nice that it was hard not to be happy right back. So I settled into the ajoining 'Tiki' whatever restaurant/lounge next door to check a few e-mails what have you. I probably would have just stayed holed up in my room other wise and grabbed a bite at the nearby fast food places and never gone into the 'Tiki'. Carol, was my server. Again, just like Vanessa, one of the more genuinly nice people you'd ever want to meet. Cool enough, ate a little bit and then went back up to the room to drop the computer. Back down to the 'Tiki' and sat down at the bar to watch the Hockey playoffs. Susan, who is behind the bar, greets me like I am sort of long lost friend. Introductions all around and now I am feeling like I am at 'Cheers' or something. Again with Susan, one of the more genuinly nice, lively people you will ever meet. Normally, when I travel, I might encounter one steller staff person every 3rd 4th trip. And here at this hotel, It's the first day and I've already met these 3 wonderful ladies.

Now again, my high praise is mainly for the people I encountered (most everyone else there is very nice as well), the rooms are ok as far as value.

One other highlight is the food in the restaurant. Many places advertise they have a 'chef on staff' with his name attached. I gotta say though, the food at the Tiki was spectacular.. Susan boasted that the 9oz filet mignon on the menu was every bit as good as any other high end steakhouse. I ordered one to humor her. Holy smokes, I love high end steakhouses and while maybe not the pinnacle of high end, she definitely was not far off. All the rest of the menu was super as well. It's the only place I ate while in Tampa.

Needless to say, I really enjoyed my stay. My normal business travel experience is to just endure the stay and get back on a plane home. But here, the whole stay had a vacation feel to it (if that's possible on a business trip). When I checked out, it was hugs all around and I really regreted having to leave. All I could think as the whole staff is waving good bye to me, is, 'I need to figure out a trip back here to the Tahitian, business or otherwise'. Go figure.

Ammenity minded folks may score it lower than me, but if you are value minded, love good food, love to be treated right by great people, this is your new Tampa 'home'. It's definitely mine...:)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank flash-bcr
Dudley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I've worked in the service industry for 30 years & found the staff here to be top notch. Mike & Susan treated my sisters & I like family! Our tiki bar bartended fri night was the sweetest girl! The maintenance staff was equally as friendly. One staff member saw us struggling with a visiting Uncle in a wheelchair & immediately helped us get him into the room, returning within minutes with a ramp that we used for the rest of the evening...amazing! My sisters & I will forever stay here when we visit Tampa. What a fabulous place:)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank AngeJnk
Overland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The room was very clean and well appointed. Staff was very friendly and attentive to your needs. The food service was 1st class and the menu had a good variety in a nice casual setting.

Room Tip: Very comfortable and relaxing
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helmwurst
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I decided to book our room at the Tahitian after her deployment to Qatar to reconnect. From the onset of the process we were helped by Mirella, we booked online but decided to check if they gave a military discount and Mirella was kind enough to cancel our online reservation and book us into an upgrade for the same price using our military discount. At check in the staff greeted us in a friendly and professional manner. Our room wasn't as spectacular as we expected looking at the online photos but it was alright. After getting settled we ventured down to the lounge for lunch and were greeted by a charming young man Zach, he took care of our every need, walked us through the menu's and even told us what he liked and disliked about the menu. Zach was a very colorful character that one would see at such a tropical inn. The short rib nacho's are the best. The only bad mark against the Inn was a noisy child in the room next to us and no safe parking for those riding motorcycles. We liked the place so much we booked a room for our 17th wedding anniversary

Room Tip: Call the Inn directly to book your stay
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaryandJohnHill
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

The Tahitian Inn is my favorite hotel now. We had a wonderful time there, the place is beautiful. Have to mention Vanessa was very helpful and friendly, everyone was.The restaurant has the best food. Can't wait till next year.

Room Tip: Great service
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom_Linda50797
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

This hotel reminds me of hotels of the past - a botique atmosphere, clean, well appointed rooms, free internet, a location in the heart of South Tampa a few minutes drive to anywhere. Each staff member greets you when they see you - from the manager to the housekeepers - Everyone seems dedicated to your comfort and satisfaction. I travel throughout the USA and internationally and I must say that the Tahitian is the best hotel for the price that I have syayed at - I had a fantastic experience and will go back whenever I need a room in Tampa. Special thanks to Rick at the front desk who did everything possible to make my stay the best and to Karen Kolozs - who went out of her way to meet all of my needs. Anyone wanting a great clean place to stay with a full bar and restaurant, clean rooms and the best staff - should choose the Tahitian in Tampa!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business