“Worth every penny despite the economy”

Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
Ranked #95 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I decided to book our room at the Tahitian after her deployment to Qatar to reconnect. From the onset of the process we were helped by Mirella, we booked online but decided to check if they gave a military discount and Mirella was kind enough to cancel our online reservation and book us into an upgrade for the same price using our military discount. At check in the staff greeted us in a friendly and professional manner. Our room wasn't as spectacular as we expected looking at the online photos but it was alright. After getting settled we ventured down to the lounge for lunch and were greeted by a charming young man Zach, he took care of our every need, walked us through the menu's and even told us what he liked and disliked about the menu. Zach was a very colorful character that one would see at such a tropical inn. The short rib nacho's are the best. The only bad mark against the Inn was a noisy child in the room next to us and no safe parking for those riding motorcycles. We liked the place so much we booked a room for our 17th wedding anniversary

Room Tip: Call the Inn directly to book your stay
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryandJohnHill
There are newer reviews for Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa

Reviewed April 22, 2011

The Tahitian Inn is my favorite hotel now. We had a wonderful time there, the place is beautiful. Have to mention Vanessa was very helpful and friendly, everyone was.The restaurant has the best food. Can't wait till next year.

Room Tip: Great service
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom_Linda50797
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This hotel reminds me of hotels of the past - a botique atmosphere, clean, well appointed rooms, free internet, a location in the heart of South Tampa a few minutes drive to anywhere. Each staff member greets you when they see you - from the manager to the housekeepers - Everyone seems dedicated to your comfort and satisfaction. I travel throughout the USA and internationally and I must say that the Tahitian is the best hotel for the price that I have syayed at - I had a fantastic experience and will go back whenever I need a room in Tampa. Special thanks to Rick at the front desk who did everything possible to make my stay the best and to Karen Kolozs - who went out of her way to meet all of my needs. Anyone wanting a great clean place to stay with a full bar and restaurant, clean rooms and the best staff - should choose the Tahitian in Tampa!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank adriaaan
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed here while I was at the convention center on business. The people there were really welcoming and friendly. The location was great to get around town and I had a wonderful massage at the spa. Check out the Kon Tiki to eat...the koi pond is cool too! I will make sure I return next time I am in Tampa.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank metalkelly
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Tahitian for our Anniversary. Everything about the Inn is first class - the room was lovely - with a nice balcony surrounded by tall palms..above a landscaped pond and waterfall.. really nice. There is an on-site restaurant (Kon Tiki) that is very good - they serve a variety of different items - Latin/Asian fusion - not the same items you usually find at restaurants.. All of the staff at the Inn were friendly/respectful/polite/helpful.. which says a lot about the management! Will visit again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahBigelow
Reviewed March 12, 2011

The staff is very helpful both Brad and Karen are a pleasure. The Tuna is awesome at the Kon Tiki restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dmneal
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We were really impressed with this gem of a hotel. It was very reasonable and offered us the ability to leave our car while going on a cruise.even took us to port and picked us up when we returned. The pool area and cabana was very nice as was the Kon Tiki restaurant. They even let us check in early (12:30 PM). The only downside was the location. You have to drive to whatever you want to do. Very nice for the price!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple