“Great Tampa Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great accommodations!! Location is close to the airport, shopping, business and is very clean and appealing. I travel to Tampa weekly for business and always stay here. The staff is exceptional and always friendly.

I highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn for any travel to Tampa, business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Maurice H,

We appreciate your wonderful comments. Thanks for the great recommendation and we look forward to your next visit!
Silvana Greene
Guest Service Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here with friends prior to taking cruise. We enjoyed our visit. Great shuttle service from the airport. Large rooms with comfy beds and it was very clean. Friendly staff and nice restaurant on premises as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear marksF3081JN,
It’s hard to beat the high praise of a returning guest! Thanks for making my day and I will share your comments with our staff. “Friendly’ is what we are all about here at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore.
Silvana Greene
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great airport location. The staff and service was excellent. The only drawback was that there was the kitchen was serviced the other 2 hotels on site. Which means, a longer than usual wait on food. Didn't get to try the food because of that. The rooms are clean and up to date, without the airport noise. Other than that, the overall experience was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. In addition, thank you for making us aware of the concerns with wait times in our Coast restaurant. I am sorry that you were quoted a long wait time which caused you to have to choose other dining alternatives and please know that we will take this review into consideration when looking at how to improve our services. However when returning to the Tampa area, I hope we will again earn the opportunity to have you as our guest and you will get the chance to try one of our delicious entree’s such as our tasty Shrimp and Scallops or are hearty Beef Medallions. Thank again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and found it to be very convenient to resturants and shopping. The hotel was nice and clean with good size rooms. Breakfast was good and although they had room service and items for lunch and dinner we never tried any of those items. Hotel staff was very friendly and service excellent. Only negative for both of us was the bed. Although you could adjust the level of softness.....not sure that worked ....we both felt the bed was uncomfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Brenda,
Thank you for choosing to be our guest while here in the Tampa area. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Also please feel free to reach out to me with additional room information so that I can have the guest room you stayed in inspected by our Maintenance department. Our Hilton Garden Inn Sleep systems are one of a kind and a great amenity in which the Hilton Garden Inn brand offers to its customers. If your sleep system was not working correctly, we would love the opportunity to fix it for any future guest. Thank you again for choosing our property and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was with a group that was booked at the Hilton Gareden Inn and was somehow booked at a nearby Hilton property by mistake. Silvana at front desk was AWESOME and she not only booked me at same rate as rest of my group but also called the learby Hilton hotel to cancel reservation there at no charge. I would stay at this hotel again anytime!

Room Tip: I always book away from elevator to keep down on noise.

Dear Majrdad,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am glad that the service you received from Silvana Greene was spot on and I know she will be more than thrilled to read how much she impacted your stay with us. I hope that you will continue to use Hilton hotels whenever traveling and we look forward to any future returns you have to the Tampa area.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The staff and hotel are excellent. This location makes you feel like a valued customer. The room allowed me to get additional work done in a very comfortable setting. I had a great nights sleep during my visit to Tampa.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Dennis,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your kind review. I am glad that our staff offered you that one of a kind personal touch which showcases the emphasis we place on Guest relationships here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport and I am also elated to see that our convenient and comfortable guest room was a good fit for your hotel needs while in Tampa. We hope you will continue to use our property whenever returning to the area and we wish you safe travels in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, the front desk service was excellent. The room was nice and clean, as expected. Unfortunately, parking wasn't great, there was no free breakfast (there was expensive breakfast, instead), and traffic and parking were so bad that I left. It looks like they may be building more parking, but I ended up parking in the grass next to their lot most of the time. Worst part was the traffic. The road they are on gets lots of traffic trying to get around the airport during afternoon rush hour. It was so bad, it took twenty minutes to go the last mile and a half from downtown, and this was all waiting at the nearby slight for people making turns toward the airport. Once I got within 250 yards of the parking lot entrance, I finally just drive up the incoming lane rather than wait for two more turns of the light at the corner. Rather than suffer a full week of this, I switched to a different hotel in town.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SgtDew
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear SgtDew, Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that our location was not convenient for your travel needs. I can understand how frustrating traffic can be. Unfortunately, we are in a very popular area and the traffic in Westshore during evening rush hour at times can be a challenge for anyone between 5-6pm. I hope that you were able to find a more convenient location for the remainder of your visit.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope that you can visit us again and the traffic will be more cooperative. Safe travels,

Todd Kinney