“First-rate airport hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Spotlessly clean hotel just minutes from Tampa international airport. Modern amenities, comfortable rooms and good food. A perfect stopover for travelers. We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast. There were so many food and drink items to choose from. Hotel staff friendly and courteous. Next time we fly into Tampa this will be our hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hey Dianne G,
I am truly excited to hear about how wonderful your stay was including the breakfast you enjoyed at our Coast restaurant! Our staff sets our each and every day to provide a warm and genuine atmosphere for our guest and I am glad this was your experience. I hope that next time you are in town you will also stop by the Coast restaurant for our dinner service. The menu is wonderful and I am sure you will be just as pleased with your experience. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport and we wish you safe travels in the future!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very clean hotel. Convenient to shopping, restaurants. Very quite property. Because I was solo on this trip, I felt very secure in my room and walking the hallway. I stay at this property whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hey Lisa L,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for continuing to choose our property when looking for hotel accommodations in the great Tampa area! We love being able to provide our guest with a comfortable, clean and convenient option for hotel rooms and I am glad that you find our property to be a good fit for your needs. We wish you safe travels and look forward to your return to Tampa.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Brand new hotel, good rooms - not luxery, but comfortable and with everything that is necessary -, hostesses very kind. Restaurant is not so good, not many options in menu e breakfast is expansive compare to waht is being offered.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Regina_K644
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Regina,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to complete a survey on Tripadvisor. In addition, I am glad to see that you found the hotel to be a good fit for your needs and that you felt the customer service was on point. I also wanted to share for future visits that in addition to our full hot buffet breakfast, our Coast restaurant also offers a continental breakfast and a la cart items. Again we thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel and was extremely impressed with the professionalism of the whole staff, beginning with Cathy at the front desk who was very helpful on the phone in helping me get to the hotel via the telephone. Her directions were perfect and very much appreciated. Her smile and greeting made us feel welcome immediately. I think the attitude of the staff was a reflection of the manager, Chris Bryant who was also very welcoming. Kishwayne was very obliging and helpful with our questons and Seymoura who was hostess at the breakfast was very professional and accomodating. Room was very clean and comfortable, pool was well maintained and everyone on staff we had occasion to meet was most pleasant and helpful. Hope to have the chance to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: We were on fifth floor, very quiet and comfortable beds. Lots of room and especially appreciated th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Della F,
I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to complete our survey. It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest and I am elated to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the customer service in which we provide. I hope that whenever returning to the Tampa area you will continue to use our property and we wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Can't say enough about how great hotel was. Rooms and staff are outstanding. Staff really goes out of their way to make sure you are happy with your stay. Some of the best banquet food I have ever tasted. The "Cook-Out" banquet dinner was incredible. I wanted to buy a bottle of the Chef's homemade BBQ sauce to take home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cathy M
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Cathy M,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am truly excited to hear how wonderful your experience was with our meeting space and catering team. Our Coast restaurant strives to provide palate pleasing dishes and with over 3,000 square feet of meeting space, I am confident that our Hilton Garden Inn Tampa is a great fit for any local event. Thank you again for choosing to use our property and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location, efficient, the bathroom was not clean specially the toilet, there was paper in the toilet, and it seemed to have been cleaned with wet cloth. parking was across the street. not sure it had a bool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jalal M,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I want to let you know I was truly concerned to read about your experience with the cleanliness of your guest room toilet. Please know that this is rare for us and not the standard here at our Hilton Garden Inn. Our property is currently in the top 10% for our cleanliness scores based off of reviews from our customers and traditionally this is a strong point of ours. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel and I would be more than happy to address any additional concerns. Again thank you for choosing our property and I hope you will give us another opportunity when you return to the Tampa area.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the hotel you want to stay at if you're taking a cruise out of Tampa. If you can, get the Sail Away Package which includes your room, breakfast for two and return transfers for two to the Port of Tampa and back.

The transfer company they use from the hotel to the port is GroundJet and with your return transfers in the Sail Away package you can have them return you to the hotel or directly back to the airport. Much more economical than using the cruise transfers.

The hotel is in a nice quiet area close to the airport. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable and the cost of meals at the onsite restaurant are very reasonable for being in a hotel.

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nothatsyou,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. In addition I am elated to see how well the “Sail Away” package worked for your trip. Here at the hotel we offer a variety of packages in order to better enhance your visit and I am glad this helped make your trip more of a success. Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to your return.