“Excellent Choice”

Ranked #6 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

From check in to departure, excellent experience. My room was very spacious and modern. The staff (particularly Rosie) was outstanding. I would definitely recommend staying here. When I travel, I typically look for hotels that have a fitness area. The fitness room was very organized and had several machines.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Putinwork
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Putinwork,
I am happy to hear that you highly recommend our property! Rosie is definitely an asset and valuable member of our hospitality team. I will let her know that she was able to make your stay more enjoyable. Please stop in the next time that you are in the area!
Silvana G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am an experienced traveler and I think that Bayana, the young girl at the front desk in the morning of Sunday, September 22, 3013, was one of the best I have come acrossed over the years. If she is a reflection of the quality of service of your hotel chain, I think that it speaks well for the organization.

Room Tip: Please read above. The service at the front desk was outstanding.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Armando V
Dear Armando V.,
Thank you for your kind remarks concerning Dayana. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I know she will be thrilled by your recognition. We strive to provide outstanding service to all of our valued guests! I hope that we see you the next time that you visit the area.
Silvana G.
Fort Knox, Kentucky
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have stayed here 4 times (May 26, Aug 4, Sep 6, and Sep 20, 2013). The location cannot be beat. You are moments from the airport, a good mall, places to eat, and easy access to major roads and highways. The first was fine. Aug 4, when we checked out the front desk gentleman seemed put out that we asked a question. Hilton gave us some extra bonus points. September, we accidentally left our speed charger for the ipad2 in the room. It was never found and we called back as soon as our plane landed. Jonathon, a manager was the only one who called back, but that was after we called back because we had not received a response from the original person. So trying to be reasonable, we stayed again on Sept 20, 2013. Again, location is convenient. They gave us a breakfast voucher to make up for the missing charger, but we were not able to use it because of our flight time. We spoke to the ladies there in the afternoon. When we returned that evening (late), a new front desk woman was there and did not know what we were talking about and could not offer ANY solution...We travel every weekend to Tampa, Bradenton, Sarasota ...we will NOT stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chris B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Mike and Joanna

On Behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Bay Airport/Westshore’s team, please accept our apologies for failing to meet your expectations during your current stay here. Rest assure your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate team members. I cannot express how deeply concerned I was to learn that we had failed to meet your expectation. We offer no excuse, only another chance to win back your faith in Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Bay Airport/Westshore hotel.
I am really hoping to speak to you personally regarding your experience. Please advise as to the best way to reach you.
We appreciate patronage and thank you for sharing your feedback.

Please contact me directly at (813) 465-5304.

Christopher J. Bryant
(813) 289-2700
chris.bryant@hilton.com
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed last minute at this airport hotel. Good value for money, lovely rooms, huge bathroom with jacuzzi bath. Great stop over, free parking and we got a free breakfast. Staff friendly and efficient would definitely use again

Room Tip: Kingsize room was worth the difference
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Lesly T.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to know that we met your expectations. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I hope to see you again if you find yourself in Tampa! We truly appreciate you sharing the details of your experience with us.
Silvana G.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am and airline captain for a major US carrier, on a day in December 2012 my bag exited the hotel van on a major highway and was run over by a lady in a minivan. I was able to get my bag (what was left of it) returned to me at the hotel by the lady driving the van because of identification that I had on the bag. The hotel van service is provided by a park-and-ride company that moves people from the airport to the hotel and the park-and-ride companies parking lot. The owner of the park-and-ride company was very nice and said he would replace everything in my bag, however when that task was completed the owner of the park-and-ride company offered me a substantial less amount to replace my bag. I felt that I should not have to make up the difference to replace my bag because of neglect from the park-and-ride company to not shut the back door and allow my bag to fall out on the highway. I contacted Christopher Bryant the operations manager of Hilton Garden Inn and I briefed the gentleman on the situation that the park-and-ride company was offering me a substantial less amount to replace my items. Mr. Christopher Brian advised me that he would speak to the owner of the park-and-ride company and would call me back in less than one hour, within 30 minutes Christopher called me back and he said there would be a check in the mail for the full amount to replace my bag. I applaud Christopher and the management team at the Hilton Garden Inn for taking the task at hand to make sure all my items were replaced by the park-and-ride company. I cannot thank them enough for running a business like all businesses should be run.
I highly recommend anybody that needs an airport location in the Tampa area to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and I cannot thank Christopher enough for helping me resolve the problem with my bag.
Sincerely Michael K airline captain in US.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael K
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff is very friendly/helpful, the rooms are very clean/comfortable and the location is perfect for business travel. Coast (the on site restaurant) serves pretty good food and the portions are more than enough to leave you satisfied. Overall a great hotel and value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Silvana G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear rllester3.
I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences at our property. The Coast restaurant is outstanding and I’m excited that you had a chance to dine with us. I hope to see you the next time that you travel to Tampa.
Take care, Silvana G.
Sarasota, FL USA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our 2nd visit, so I know our favorable reactions weren't a fluke. We arrived after a long, multi-leg flight from Europe. My watch said 10:00 p.m., but my body said 4:00 a.m. and we were too tired to drive safely back to Sarasota. Since our car was parked in the very-well-priced A-1 Express garage next to the HGI, and there is free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, we called and reserved a room.

Room was clean and very comfortable -- delicious, actually, after a long flight and a stressful baggage retrieval. Speaking of delicious, the breakfast buffet was better than average as well, with eggs cooked to order by a cook (Peter Orlovic) who actually listens to what you want, and lots of other tasty choices. He also had made some corn muffins with cranberries that my husband really enjoyed. At about $12 p.p. on Sept. 8, 2013. that is a very good value.

All the staff seemed really nice and responsive, from the gals at the lobby desk to the waitress to the To the Op. Mgr. we spoke to, Christopher Bryant. We wanted him to know that he was helping to run a hotel to be proud of.

I gave this HGI a top -- Excellent -- rating not because it's one of the greatest hotels in the world, but because it's extremely good for what it is, in terms pf comfort, value, cleanliness and location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Cando, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travels about your stay at our hotel. I can only image how exhasted you were after the long flight from Europe. I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything from the parking, to breakfast, and expecially the staff. Thank you for giving us such a favorable rating. We hope you can visit us again in the future!

Safe Travels,