“Convenient location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Convenient location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room is slightly different from the other HGIs that I have stayed in. In this one, the bedroom is separate from the living room. It is clean, the furniture is comfortable - things that I had come to expect from the Hilton Garden Inn brand. The one thing I did not like was that the room smelled damp and a bit musty. I'm not sure if that's because of the high humidity in Tampa, but I found it unpleasant. Eventually, I got used to it, and by daybreak I wasn't noticing it anymore.

Other than that, the hotel is quiet, it offers a lot of room to spread out, has good wifi, is conveniently close to TPA and I-275 and offers free parking, which are good pluses to have. I would not disqualify it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Earthdude,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa and for taking the time to write a review. I am excited to see that for the most part you found our hotel to be a good fit and that you would be willing to stay with us again. In addition, I would like to let you know that over the course of the next two weeks we are having scheduled maintenance performed on all of the guest room a/c units. This should help the units work to the best of their ability, as well as help alleviate some of the humidity challenges that Florida can face during mid-summer.

Again we thank you for your recent stay with us and look forward to having you back as a repeat customer.
Thanks and safe travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Tampa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was near the airport & it was also connected with a parking garage that allowed my car to stay until my return for far less than the airport. It was quiet and reasonably priced if you purchase online through a 3rd party.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Lorenzo M,

I want to thank you for your recent visit with us and I am elated to see that you enjoyed your visit. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport we have a variety of packages to meet the needs of our customers and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our “Shuttle and Fly” package.

If you find yourself headed back to the Tampa area we hope that you will continue to reach out to us for all of your hotel accommodation needs.

Thanks and safe travels!
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the time I arrived to departure the staff was excellent. Friendly, courtious, helpfull and always a smile on thier face. The food was great. Possibly the best Hilton Garden Inn I have ever been too.
Big thanks to Jessica and staff.

Dear Kwittwer,

I would like to thank you for booking your recent meeting with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa airport, as well as for taking the time to write a review in regards to your experience. From our operations team to our sales staff; our entire team here at the Hilton Garden Inn is committed to the success of your stay and/or event.

I hope that whenever needing hotel accommodations again in the Tampa area, you will continue to look towards our property as we look forward to having you return as repeat customers.
Cape Coral, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We drove up to Tampa for a mini honeymoon that we never got to take to go to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and aquarium. Found the hotel through scorecard which we have points with. Thought it was great that they had a whirlpool tub suite, just wish there were pictures of it first; its located in the bathroom, no tv access. But the whirlpool was big and nice to sit in after a long day at busch gardens. It's located in a very upscale part of Tampa, which means food is a bit more expensive. We went to Ruth Chris' Steakhouse at 10 for some quick food, but it cost $60... oh well! Parking is in the parking garage, which is cool. Also all the restaurants have valet so its hard to find a parking spot if you go to one of the two malls. My husband used the fitness center and loved it. I went in the pool, not as warm as I would have liked it, but okay. The room was really big, but they need bigger fitted sheets for the king size bed. They offer room service which is cool; but we did not use it. The Coast looked like it had good food, just not something we wanted. We went to Mitchell's seafood... spent the same from Ruth Chris but got way more food. The area is nice and there is an IHOP down the street too. Oh yeah, it's also by the airport, but I did not hear any flying by and we were on the 5th floor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa, as well as for taking the time to write a review. I was elated to see that you enjoyed your time here in Tampa and that while on your mini-honeymoon you were able to experience a lot of the great attractions and dining options in which Tampa has to offer. I think you made some great points in your review in regards to the hotel and look forward to sharing these with the other team members.

I hope that whenever returning to the area, you will continue to use our property and we wish you safe travels!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Typical day for a business traveler.....................waited in traffic on the way to the airport, waited in line to park, waitied in line for my ticket, TSA was backed-up, waited several mintues when we landed becuase of a thunderstorm, backage took an additional 45 minutes-lightning challenges, shuttle to hotel never picked me up (shuttle service not Hilton shuttle). Upon finally arriving at the hotel Silvana had my day do a complete "360". I have always enjoyed staying at this property and will continue to do so. They are all friendly and very helpful to all of their guests from what I have experienced.

Only thing I would change is for this property to really updgrade their work out facilities or to belong to a local gym for guest use. For many business travelers health and wellness is a priority and is considered when booking a stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Tom F,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the HGI Tampa Airport / Westshore. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I am glad to see the Silvana was able to make a positive impact on a rather not so positive day! I will definitely take your feedback in regards to our fitness center and share it with the team.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we wish you safe travels!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I selected this hotel as a convenience factor to the tampa airport. I try only to stay in Hilton hotels so I am very familiar with the hgi brand. Of course the accommodations were that of a well managed hotel, very clean and the food there is great! Where this hgi stands out from other hotels I have stayed at is the attentiveness of the staff. Silvana set the bar! I review a lot of hotels and always recognize that special person I encounter.... This trip it is her. I truly appreciate her friendly approach and genuine interest in ensuring I had a pleasant stay. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jackie f
Dear Jackie F,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn and for taking the time to write a review. We are always eager to provide the very best in hotel accommodations and I am elated to see that Silvana offered you a one of a kind experience. Silvana is truly an asset to our team and I know that you she will be pleased to see she was a key a part in the success of your stay with us.

I hope that whenever returning to the area you will continue to use our property and we wish you safe travels in the future!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Fornt desk staff is very friendly and have very good tips. Dayana is very friendly and always tries to help you out! This hotel has a bar and the restaurant is pretty decent.A few minutes from the airport.

Dear GG_Brazil,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and we appreciate you sharing about your experience while at our Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customer service received by Dayana was spot on. Dayana is a wonderful asset to our HGI family and I know she will be elated to read your review.

We hope that you will continue to stay with us when returning to Tampa and we wish you safe travels!