“Good for business/overnight trips”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #4 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Good for business/overnight trips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at this property for a week-long business trip. Location is a little out of the way for tourists but good for business or overnight travel. There are many restaurants and two malls a short drive from the hotel. Very convenient for most travelers.

The rooms and property are very well kept and have more amenities than the other hotels in the area. Rooms have a "sleep number" type bed that is very comfortable, mini fridge, and microwaves. Rooms are a little nicer than sister properties in the area.The hotel also has a bar and restaurant. It lacks the free breakfast of nearby properties though.

The one miss with this hotel was the staff. The majority seemed uninterested in helping guests. The counter agents were always having casual conversations while the line to check in increased. Guests also had to wait at the bar for drinks when bartenders forgot their orders.Their lack of attention to detail knocks them down a star compared to the other hotels in the area that have staffs that seem more dedicated to the guests.

Overall, the property is nice and, while the staff were not on par with properties across the street, this is a good place to stay for a trip to the Tampa area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UnboundTraveler
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Unbound Traveler,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling in the Tampa area! In addition, I wanted to let you know it was a pleasure hosting you and that I appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay! I was elated to read the positive aspects of your view, however as any dedicated hotelier I was disappointed that the customer service aspect of your stay left something to be desired. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we truly believe in the daily pursuit of delivering one of a kind customer service and more commonly we receive positive feedback in regards to our staff. However with that being said it looks like this time we missed the mark and I sincerely apologize when any aspect of your stay was not a perfect “10”.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please don’t hesitate to let me know and I look forward to using your survey as a coaching tool for future success stories!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Delaware, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn at Tampa was a great place to stay. There were 9 of us all together (6 adults and 3 children), we arrived earlier, they had our rooms ready, the kids enjoyed the pool, and everyone in the restaurant was great. The front desk checks in with us to make sure our rooms were to our satisfaction, and that we had no issues with anything at the hotel. It was just a wonderful place to stay one night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Donna P
Dear Donna P,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us! It was a pleasure hosting you and your family and I am more than excited to know you had a great stay! We work hard to provide the very best in hotel accommodations and receiving reviews like yours really does bring a smile to each and every one of our team members.

I hope that when returning to the Tampa area you will continue to use our Hilton Garden Inn, as well as Hilton hotels worldwide.

Davenport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent place to stay with easy access from downtown Tampa Florida. Rooms exceptionally clean and staff was very friendly. Breakfast was plentiful. Highly reccomend the bed and breakfast package. Great value for the money!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Sherry N
Dear Sherry N,

I want to thank you choosing to stay with at the Hilton Garden Tampa Airport Westshore, as well as taking the time to write a review. I was elated to see that you enjoyed your visit and we can’t wait to get the opportunity to host you again!

I hope whenever back in the area you will continue to use our HGI Tamps, as well as Hilton hotels worldwide!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Silvana went out of her way to make my bad flights turn into a very good day she was very kind courteous professional and I really appreciate it. I had a trip from Oregon to Tampa that took well over 17 hours with the redeye flying here and checked in this morning and your staff Silvana specially was doing everything she could to turn that day around and she did a very good job of it and I will stay here again

• Stayed June 2013
Dear GSG Man,

I want to personally thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and I can’t wait to share this with Silvana! She is always trying to go above and beyond for our guest and your review shows her dedication to making sure every guest has a great stay! I hope that you will continue to use Hilton hotels when traveling, as well as the HGI Tampa airport westshore whenever back in the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located near the airport and is within easy driving distance to most areas of Tampa.
The hotel is in excellent shape, everthing is in very good condition and has free covered parking.
Check in is smooth and friendly with a very professional staff. My king room was well appointed with a couch, work desk, microwave and fridge. Everything was in working order and clean. Beds are very comfortable.
Location does not offer shops or restaurants in walking distance but a short drive has many options.
The off season pricing is very competive and the great service makes this a very good stay for business. This is not a hotel for vacations as it is not near tourist sites.
I will stay here again for business trips. This is my new go to place in the Tampa area.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear rszAtlanta_GA,

I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we will be your new preferred hotel for business trips in the Tampa area. Here at Hilton Garden Inn our mantra is “Everything, right where you need it” and it seems in this case we were spot on.

If I can of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to let me know and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!
homestead, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Even though there were MANY young people at the property for a concert - the staff did an excellent job of honoring my Hilton Honors status and provided excellent service throughout our stay! The quality and selection of the Room Service items is outstanding.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Denise Ellen,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review and we appreciate your positive feedback. We always strive to provide great customer service along with top notch amenities and I am glad that you found both our service and room service menu to be exactly that! If you find yourself headed back to the Tampa area I hope you will continue to look at our hotel for overnight accommodations.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

It was a great experience to stay in this hotel specially the front desk lady Dayana. She was very professional, full of energy and very courteous. Dayana directed us to a local Cuban restaurant and it was also a great time and awesome food. The hotel is very clean with comfortable rooms and close to everything. I personally stay at hotels at least 10 to 15 times per month and these hotel is great. Ms. Dayana is an asset to this hotel, wish more hotels had someone like her at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jose T
Jonathan J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Jose T,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words in regards to our Guest Service Agent Dayana. We too feel that she is an asset to our team and every day we are excited to see the energy and enthusiasm that she brings with her to work. I hope that when returning to the area you will continue to use our Hilton Garden Inn and that you will always be greeted with the same great customer service that Dayana has set the stage for!