“Excellent service. Very clean and updated rooms. would definitly recommend.”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Rooms, lobby, restaurant and bar are very nice. Staff went out of there way answering my questions for spec diet requirements. Entire facility and room where very clean and comfortable. Parking is in a deck across the street. Access to Tampa airport is very close. Great access to food and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Michael M;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport on your recent visit to Tampa. I would like to thank you for your specific comments about our staff and quality of our hotel. Postings such as yours, motivates our team to do the things they do best – Taking care of our guest! We like to think that our staff is what makes us unique, but as you mentioned in your review, our location in the Tampa Westshore market is very convenient for business or pleasure travel.

We look forward to seeing you here again, should your travels bring you back to Tampa. Again, thank you for the positive remarks.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed for one night on business from Northeast. The hotel was a short 5 minutes drive from the airport with ample free parking. The rooms were very nice with some of the more comfortable (comfort adjustable) beds I've slept on at a hotel. The pool area is outside and was adequate for a refreshing dip after flying all day. The staff were all very pleasant and gave good restaurant recommendations. We went to a Spanish place called Columbia in the Yhabor neighborhood. We took a cab there and it cost us about $25.00. Not cheap. It didn't seem there was anything much to do in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Johnrd216,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our hotel. I am glad you found our Garden Sleep System Beds, pool, and staff to your likings. The Columbia Restaurant that you selected in Ybor, is one of Tampa’s finest, and oldest. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team, and of course if your travels bring you back to Tampa, we certainly hope you select our hotel again. Thank you for choosing Hilton Hotels.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The staff should be more friendly a simple good morning while passing by will go long ways. The breakfast is nice and the pool. Unfortunately our room had a strange odor like meldew coming from the closet. The sheets had stains on it like rust or who knows something else. The bathroom was very clean no complaint there. Would no be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ollereen P
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Ollereen P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. Our staff friendliness and exceptional quality of our rooms is what makes our hotel a great place to stay, and I am sorry you did not experience just that.

It would be very beneficial to us, if we were able to get more specifics about your visit so we can address the concerns with our team. You can reach me directly at the hotel by calling (813)289-2700.

Once again, please do accept my apologies, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was actually there because I was having a surgury around the corner. The staff was friendly, breakfast was great and room was comfortable for recovery. I would deff stay again! Can't be the value. We actually got the room for $74/night on priceline. Was very happy with the stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Jasonf1975;
Thank you for your resent feedback aout your visit to our hotel. I hope your surguery went well. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room accomodations and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring ou back to Tampa. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Coming in from Europe at midnight, grabbing breakfast and then leaving does not leave much time to gain impression.

But Garden Inns are reliable. The beds were very comfortable, the breakfast was good and the airport shuttle a godsend.

Recommended for and overnigh

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Per_FNorway;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport on your recent trip to Tampa. We appreciate your feedback, and loyalty to the Hilton Brand of Hotels. I am glad you had a positive experience and we hope to see you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great Hotel! They greet you by name and if you call down to the font rest they greet you by name as well... super clean and the beds are awesome... The meal downstairs was not to high priced either... Over all great experience..been traveling a lot due to business so it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear n s;

On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport, thank you for posting your recent experience at our property. We appreciate your comments and our staff looks forward to reading our guest feedback. I am pleased you had a great experience, and if your travels bring you back to Tampa in the future we hope you choose our hotel again!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We check in and decided to go out and get something to eat. When we returned a couple hours later my Barnes and Noble Nook had been stolen from the room. I had left it on a table by the window.
I called the front desk and was told that the head of house keeping and security were gone for the weekend and would check into it on Monday morning. When we got back into Tampa after our cruise and I had a voice mail from the head of housekeeping stating that she had heard that I LOST my nook and she was sorry no one had turned it in.

So when I was assured by the woman at the front desk that the head of security would check to see if our room had been accessed while we were gone never happened and they just wrote it off as a lost item.

Room Tip: Take all your valuables with you when you leave the room!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beth S
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Beth S, Thank you for feedback on your recent visit to our hotel last month. I hope you enjoyed your time on the cruise. The Manager on Duty that you spoke with at the time of your departure did notify the management team of your situation and we immediately checked the lock access history on your guest room. The lock history showed that the only entries into your room were in fact made by the guest keys that were issued to you at check in. Per your request, our Housekeeping Supervisor left you a message confirming that we did not have any items fitting your description turned into housekeeping.
Again, thank you for your feedback, and if you would like to discuss this in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (813)289-2700