“Great place to stay if you have an early flight”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota
“Great place to stay if you have an early flight”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the nicer HGIs I've stayed in, but what makes it special is the arrangement they have with A-1 parking next door. Stay the night before you fly and you get 7 days parking free at A-1. The arrangement worked flawlessly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron C
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear James , I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. I understand that you were disappointed with the level of service that you received, I have brought your comments to our culinary team and we will make the necessary changes. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and we want you to know that we have addressed our staff. The next time you are in area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Please contact me direclty, and I will make special arrangements for you. Thank you once again for your comments.

Todd Kinney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Atlanta
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hotel is your standard Hilton Garden Inn. Nice and functional. But what makes the property so special is the hotel restaurant. In this way it is NOT your standard Hilton Garden Inn. It's exceptional. I highly recommend the Ahi Tuna and the rest of the menu looks great as well. I would visit this restaurant even if I wasn't staying at the hotel, based on the quality of the dinner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

For the price and location, this hotel can't be beat! Midway point between the airport and the cruise terminal, it was the perfect choice for my husband and I to stay at. We flew from San Diego and arrived at Tampa pretty late (thankfully I'd already reserved the room!!) The cab ride took maybe 10 minutes. The hotel is recently renovated, the rooms are updated, clean and spacious. They offered delivery device from restaurants close by. Their morning brunch was delicious and under $12 per person. There was a complimentary shuttle offered to the cruise ship terminal and we got there in less than 15 minutes and were dropped off right by the main entrance. Overall, great place to begin our vacation!!

• Stayed August 2011
6 Thank BellaMyriam
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Since our flight was arriving very late, we choose HGI based on its close proximity to the airport, free shuttle, and past positive experiences with this hotel chain. While we were only at the hotel for just barely 10 hours, our experience was a pleasant one. We were checked in quickly which we certainly appreciated after a day of flying and the extremely comfortable beds (which you could adjust to your level of firmness) had us all asleep in no time. I didn't notice any airplane noise, however, we all tend to be sound sleepers!
The hotel looked clean and new. I also really appreciated the fact that the bed linens (including the duvet cover and decorative pillow cover) are freshly laundered for each new guest checking in. No more wondering how dirty that comforter is on the bed! And the duvet was BEAUTIFUL!!! (I kept meaning to ask the desk clerk where they got their duvets. I would love to have one for my own home!)
All in all, great, but short stay that I would happily repeat in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Suzanne W
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Suzanne,

I just wanted to say thank you for your comments about our hotel! You couldn’t have selected a more convenient hotel to stay at, especially when your flight arrived so late. Hopefully the next time you return to Tampa, you can extend your stay and enjoy the many special sites that the Tampa area has to offer.

You, like many of our guest, comment on our lush bed linens. I would be glad to provide you more information, as to where to get one of the duvets that you enjoyed so much. Simply email me at todd.kinney@hilton.com, and I will send you the information.

Thanks again, for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport in the future.

Sincerely Yours,
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed for weekend in July-check in was a breeze, friendly staff particularly SilVana-though everyone at front desk was pleasant and very helpful. Was upgraded to suite (Hilton Gold) which was clean and comfortable. On occasion planes could be heard but we did not find it to be any hindrance to sleeping/ found it to be a quiet area with access to restaurants and malls close by. Had breakfast at hotel restaurant-offered nice selection-although it was complimentary because of gold status, I think the charge for breakfast is around $10-$12. Also offers free parking in side lot or parking garage. Overall, a pleasant stay, would not hesitate to recommend hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank L S
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are HGI fans and so we decided to try this one. This is a newer property and even though it is near the airport, and noise is a issue for us, we decided to try it. The runways changed several times during our stay and despite the best intentions of the desk clerk, you can hear the planes on take off. That said, the hotel is new, clean and rooms were great. Breakfast was a pleasant HGI fare and Activa yogurt now offered in the buffet selection. Parking is a bit sketchy along the side of the hotel or in the covered garage so be adventuresome if you are parking yourself. The hotel is in an industrial park and there are no sidewalks for walking the neighborhoods, which we enjoy doing when we travel. So, if this doesn't matter to you and if you aren't bothered by the airport noises, it may be OK

Room Tip: If quiet is an issue, we were told south side was quieter and yet we still heard take-offs when the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank septemberdude
Dear L S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Tampa, and we look forward to your return!

Thank you for mentioning one of our star players – Silvana. Sil, does a fantastic job with our guest, and she is often recognized by for the special touches that she delivers daily. Our team takes great pride in what they do everytday to ensure our guest have a great experience.

Once again, thank you for your comments, and also thank you for being a valued Hilton Gold member. Have a wonderful summer, and be sure to look us up again, should you return to Tampa!

General Manger
Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in June 2012, on a Sunday evening before an early morning flight the following day. We arrived mid afternoon, and were greeted by a friendly counter person. We were offered cookies, and a drink (for Hilton Honors members), and given information about the shuttle service and parking.

The hotel lobby was very clean. I did not visit the bar or restaurant but they looked clean and inviting as we walked by. I peaked in the gym and it was acceptable in size and clean, as well. Parking is across the street (the street that dead ends into the hotel) in the parking garage, and is shared by a park and ride shuttle company and the Homewood Suites next door.

Our room was very clean. We could see the city and bay from the window, and as an aviation enthusiast I enjoyed the beautiful (yet subtle) pictures of airplanes in our rooms. The beds apparently are adjustable in firmness, yet when I tried it I didn't notice much difference - but that was fine as they were comfortable anyhow. Bathroom, tv, a/c, everything was great.

My concern before arriving was definitely the hotel shuttle, and it's reliability, so I'll try to detail my experience with it in case others have this concern. As I mentioned we had a super early flight, so we were downstairs by about 4:00am, and walked to the front desk. After I got the attention of the counterperson who was in the back office, I asked for the shuttle. The shuttle arrived within 2-3 minutes, and we were at the airport another 5 minutes later. Built into our rate (which was around $10 more) was free parking for up to 7 days after your stay, and the free airport shuttle. After our trip, we arrived very late . . . around 1:00am, and called the hotel to ask for the shuttle. He asked which side of the airport we were on, and the shuttle arrived 10-15 minutes later. He dropped us off at the hotel, and I pulled the car around from the garage to get our luggage and head home. Very seamless, simple, and easy.

Although I live fairly close, if I ever have another early morning from TPA, I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DEI2010
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear DEI2010;

On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport, I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a comment about your recent experience while visiting our property. Our staff reviews no-line comments daily, and they will be pleased to see your posting.

It appears your visit was short, but I am glad to hear you took advantage of our Park and Fly package. Our locations to the Tampa Airport, complimentary transportation, and comfortable rooms are just a few of the great values that we have to offer. Hopefully, on your next visit your will have an opportunity to visit our Coast Restaurant and Reel Bar Lounge.

Once again, thank you for the comments, and we hope to see you again in the future. Have a great summer!