“Very Convienent”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night before leaving on a cruise on the Norwegian Star. It is very close to the airport. We knew we were coming in late so we wanted a hotel with a 24 hour airport shuttle. The Hilton Garden Inn fit the bill. We called the hotel when we got into Tampa and they were there to pick us up within 20 minutes. It is a very short drive to the hotel from the airport. We were checked in quickly.

The front desk was very helpful with information on how to get to the cruise port. They gave us the number for a shuttle service and taxi service. We ended up using the taxi as we didn't want to wait for the shuttle service. They have a set schedule and we didn't want to wait around for it. The taxi to the cruise terminal was only $25 for the two of us. Only a few dollars more than the shuttle.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant. We are Hilton Honor members so were had free vouchers so I can't comment on the price. They had a nice variety of food eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt & fruit. They have an omelet station where they will cook your eggs anyway you want. It was a good start to our day.

It was a quick stay but they didn't disappoint.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Jennyprovo;

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. I hope you and your family had a wonderful cruise! We see many “Cruise line” travelers staying with us on or before their cruise, due to the location and amenities that our hotel offers. Our hotel caters to all types of travelers and it’s a great place to unwind after several days on the seas.

I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. If your travels bring you back through Tampa, we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Great location near airport and restaurants nearby. Front desk excellent, very polite and hospitable. Rooms clean and roomy for 4 of us. Housekeeping service great extra blanket was delivered in minutes. Restaurant great, lots of choices of fresh fruits omelet station and cereals. Service impeccable and great value. Stay here for business or quick over night.

• Stayed: March 2012
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

JennyBuchan,

Greetings from Sunny Florida! I just wanted to say thank you for the kind review about the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. Our staff loves to see comments about our hotel and that their efforts are appreciated by our guest. I will be sure to share with our entire team.

We hope that you can visit us again in the near future! Please do not hesitate to call us should you need any assistance with hotel accommodations.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel is in a prime location if you are visiting Tampa on business. The gym and business center are very small. The restaurant is fairly expensive. That said, this hotel is easily accessible from the Airport and major freeways. The managers are courteous and very accommodating. This would be a 5 star review if the gym and business center (only one computer) were larger. Also, the in room wifi and wired internet was really slow. If was fast enough for me to access email, but took about 15 minutes to download my files for my business trip (appx 50 mb). Overall, it was a good experience and worth staying for business.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter; choose rooms away from elevators on the East side of hotel to catch the ri...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear CWO_ACB,
Thank you for commenting on the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport, we certainly appreciate your feedback. I am sorry our business center and fitness room did not meet your needs. Our fitness room remains active early in the morning, and this can certainly limit the accessibility of the equipment. However, we do have 2 sister hotels on the property and we would be glad to make arrangements for our guest to use their equipment if needed.

As for the business center, we currently have 2 work stations and these computers, like our business center, are often used during peak hours. It is not uncommon for our Front Desk staff to assist guest with additional computer needs by letting them use our Front Desk computers.

As a brand. Hilton has recognized that the internet speed is a key feature to our hotels. This year Hilton has changed the internet requirements, and I am glad to say we are scheduled to have our internet upgraded in the weeks to come.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that if your travels bring you back to Tampa,
you will choose the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

If you need a hotel close to the airport, do yourself a favor and stay here instead of on Westshore. I have stayed here a few times and always enjoyed it. I made the mistake of switching to a different hotel on Westshore last week and it made me appreciate this hotel even more! It's nice not to be surrounded by strip clubs and be nervous walking to my car in the morning! In addition, the hotel is a very nice Hilton Garden Inn and the lobby bar is a great perk. Your proximity to the airport here can't be beat. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank happycj24
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The staff at the front desk were wonderful - very helpful.
The rooms - quite noisy! heard the next room sneeze 3 times; heard alarm clocks from two different rooms. Heard elevator making noise - thought it was being serviced or repaired.
Lights in bathroom are so dim I had trouble shaving! Flow controls on water in sink and shower such that it took forever to get hot water!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear TJC22 - Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad our Front Desk team provided you a positive experience. Our team is often recognized for their efforts and they love to see comments such as yours.

I am sorry about the additional noises that you heard coming from the hallway and adjacent rooms. I can understand how frustrating that is when you’re trying to relax and sleep. As for the water pressure in the sink, I can send our maintenance staff to troubleshoot. If you have the time, please contact me directly and I will get more information about your reservation so I can locate the room you stayed in. You can call me directly at (813)465-5301.

Again, thank you for your comments, and if you are ever in the Tampa market again, please contact me and I will be glad to arrange your accommodations.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

the worst hotel in tampa..the manager's attitude is very bad towards customers.. There are a lot of hotels nearby to stay in...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jeeja j
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear jeeja j:
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport, I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience during your visit at our hotel. I would be glad to speak to you in further detail about your visit. We value the feedback from our guest, and I can assure you, that I will address any concerns you may have. You can reach me by calling the hotel directly at 813-289-2700, ext 5501. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

i stayed at this property for 5 days and the barely made the bed every day. employees in general didn't care for the customers. the only person that seems to care was the server

Room Tip: overpriced for the quality and service
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Todd K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Roadworker19 – Thank you for your feedback in regards to the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. I am sorry about the poor housekeeping services that you experienced during your stay. Our staff welcomes feedback from our guest, and it’s important that I share with them the specific comments. I would like to learn more about your experience and find a solution with our staff so we can improve our guest experience.

If you would like, please contact me directly at (813)465-5301 to discuss your recent stay in more detail and how we can exceed your expectations in the future. Thank you.