“worst hotel in tampa”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #6 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 27, 2012

the worst hotel in tampa..the manager's attitude is very bad towards customers.. There are a lot of hotels nearby to stay in...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jeeja j
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear jeeja j:
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport, I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience during your visit at our hotel. I would be glad to speak to you in further detail about your visit. We value the feedback from our guest, and I can assure you, that I will address any concerns you may have. You can reach me by calling the hotel directly at 813-289-2700, ext 5501. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore

Reviewed January 26, 2012

i stayed at this property for 5 days and the barely made the bed every day. employees in general didn't care for the customers. the only person that seems to care was the server

Room Tip: overpriced for the quality and service
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Todd K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Roadworker19 – Thank you for your feedback in regards to the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport. I am sorry about the poor housekeeping services that you experienced during your stay. Our staff welcomes feedback from our guest, and it’s important that I share with them the specific comments. I would like to learn more about your experience and find a solution with our staff so we can improve our guest experience.

If you would like, please contact me directly at (813)465-5301 to discuss your recent stay in more detail and how we can exceed your expectations in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

As regular guest of Hilton Garden Inns we stayed here overnight on our way from LAX to Orlando and found the hotel to be very convenient to the airport with an excellent shuttle service.
At the airport it was a little hard as firstimers there to find the hotel shuttle but other hotel drivers pointed us in the right direction.
The food and the service in the restaurant were very good and the rooms clean and comfortable

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Todd K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Broadbeachboy,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your time to review our Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore Airport. Our entire staff appreciates your feedback and loyalty in selecting our location.

I am very happy to hear that the Food, Service, and Overall Cleanliness met your expectations. We look forward to serving you in the future and please contact me directly when you are back in the Tampa Market, as we would be happy to make your next trip as wonderful as the first.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights before flying back home. Really impressed with this hotel for the price paid. Near the airport and all the Malls. Very clean and staff super friendly. The only thing i wasnt impressed about was being charged £12 for 2 phone calls made from our room! other than that definatley stay there again when we are next in Tampa.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed here after a late flight into the airport. Overall a very good stay. My check in was efficient and quick. The Exec Lounge was closed due to arriving at 9:45 PM, which I thought was a bit early for it to close. Instead the front desk gave me an appetizer coupon and told me that my waters in the room would be complimentary (diamond Hilton status). My room was not upgraded to the Exec Floor, but I did receive access to the lounge for breakfast. The room was surprisingly large with a nice office chair to work in. The TV was a new thin flat screen, although it was a bit small. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was quite small, but redone and functional. Breakfast in the lounge was acceptable. The basics and some scrbled eggs and oatmeal for hot choices. The lounge attendant was very friendly. All in all, this is an acceptable Hilton corporate traveler hotel near the airport, but walking distance to a couple of nicer restaurants. I will stay here again and would recommend it for the corporate traveler.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank MooneyPilot

MooneyPiolet,
Thank you very much for candid feedback in regards to your recent visit with our Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore Airport. We appreciate the details that you provided in your recent guest experience and thank you for taking the time to address some concerns during your stay.

I am happy to hear that the Front Desk was able to assist you and I do apologize for not meeting your upgrade request. We certainly value and thank you for being a Diamond Member, and would be happy to assist you in your next visit to Tampa.

Please feel free to contact me directly, and I look forward to your next stay with our Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Very good beds for a good price. Shuttle from the airport is fast. There is a swimming pool and you get a free paper in the morning in front of your door. Internet is free and fast enough

Room Tip: Take the queen suite

Ollowood,

I wanted to reach out you and say Thank You on behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Westshore regarding your recent review and stay.

I am overjoyed to hear that you were pleased with our hotel’s staff and clean accommodations. Our convenient location to the airport, nearby shopping malls and attractions along with our courteous staff can certainly make for an “Excellent” trip.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to share more of your recent visit and to let me know when you will be returning to Tampa.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I've stayed in the Tampa airport area before, and this is a relatively new hotel that's very close to the airport - 5 minutes, in fact. The hotel can be a hard place to get to, as the roads are complicated for visitors, and more local hotel signage is needed. But it was easy to get to the highway for a trip to St. Petersburgh.

The breakfast was very good, with both buffet and make-to-order option available. Great service as well. We did not eat there for dinner as the hotel is convenient to the local malls and lots of restaurants.

We're there on a 3-night stay, one of which was Saturday. That night had a few noisy moments due to other guests. Too bad they do not provide HHonors floors for frequent travelers.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank Robert C