“Family Funeral Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Coventry, Connecticut
“Family Funeral Stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My mother and I came to Tampa for a funeral. We were only in town overnight. The Hilton Garden was very convenient to the airport. It has complimentary shuttle service which was very much appreciated.
The room was very clean. The beds were the most comfortable I have had in a hotel in a long time. I would not hesitate to return to a Hilton Garden again.
The front desk personel were very helpful with suggestions of places to eat. They offered maps and other in town information.
It was also a nice touch that we had complimentary water and coffee. There was a Starbucks right inside as well if we did not want the hotel coffee.
My next trip requiring a hotel will definitely be a Hilton Garden if I can find one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mpfsarge
JeffAntonaccio, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Tampa Airport/Westshore Hilton Garden Inn when in Tampa and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was so accomodating to you and your family. The beds in our hotel were designed especially for the Hilton Garden Inn brand, so you will be assured of a great night's sleep whenever you stay at Hilton Garden Inn.

We recently added the Starbuck's Kiosk in our lobby as a convenience to our customers that enjoy Starbuck's coffee. We have received similar feedback, in that it is a nice "time saver"
for those that had been traveling to the closet Starbuck's location and then waiting in a long line.

Thanks again for your loyalty to Hilton and safe travels!

Jeff Antonaccio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
McAlpin, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The housekeeping staff deserves accolades for an outstanding job! Each day when I returned to my room, it was clean, fresh and restored to the perfect condition that I found on my arrival.

The front desk personnel gives everyone a pleasant and warm greeting when they enter the hotel and provide all pertinent information regarding the facility, its amenities, parking, etc.

I found the restaurant staff to be friendly, efficient, and helpful. The food was prepared well and served in a timely manner making the dining experience most enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a room not near the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

I am very pleased to learn that so many of our team members made a positive impression during your stay with us. I certainly look forward to personally sharing your feedback with them during our next meeting.

I appreciate your comments about our restaurant and that you had an enjoyable dining experience overall.

Thanks again and safe travels!

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I was extremely pleased with my recent stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. The location is convenient to the Airport and shopping. The room I got was excellent with a beautiful view of the pool. The staff was fabulous and friendly. I ate several meals at the hotel and was very pleased with the quality. I would highly recommend this to anyone staying in the Tampa area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport/Westshore for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your guestroom and that you received terrific customer service from our staff. I will be certain to share your comments with our team members.

I hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to Tampa.

Thanks again,

Avoca, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My family and I loved everything about this new hotel from the beautiful exterior and interior to the clean, spacious and comfortable double bedroom. Although we didn't have a reservation, Kristen at the front desk was extremely friendly,helpful and took care of us in the most efficient manner. We enjoyed the delicious pizza in the modern Coast restaurant and the pool was immaculate. The International Mall was just around the corner and that was an added bonus, plus the hotel even has a free shuttle to take you there and back. How great! We will return the next time in Tampa!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DELTA-Girl-1997
JeffAntonaccio, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 13, 2011

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Guest Service Represenative Kristin exceeded your expectations with her customer service. I will be certain to share your review with her and the rest of our team at the hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to exceed your expectations once again.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The restaurant and bar here is better than any full service Hilton! The fresh fish is better than most expensive restaurants in the area and the bar is fully stocked, with some decent higher end wine brands. Best pizza in town. Oh, a Starbucks machine also. A wounderful staff and a great pool area. Highly recommend for business trip and families.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms that have an extra sitting area.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
JeffAntonaccio, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thanks so much for taking time to share your story on TripAdvisor. It is exciting to hear that you enjoy staying at our property. We have recently made some changes snd additions in our Food and Beverage operation and it is exciting that you noticed and are happy with them.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and continuing to exceed your expectations.

Norwalk, California
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Westshore since February 1st. The service is excellent, the rooms are clean and the bed comfortable. The people are outstanding. In the morning you will find Cindy at the front desk, she always greet you with a smile and happy to give you helpful hints as to where to go and how to find something. Tom, the morning chef cooks an awesome omelet just to order, ham, tomato and onions are my favorite. Beatrice the waitress is there to greet you with her friendly smile keeping your coffee cup full, she never forget just how you like your coffee. In the evening Charles is always there to greet you and of course there is Francis at night, she is helpful and cheerful. I found that they will go the extra mile to make your stay is a comfortable one. They all make a point to remember you by name, and the things you like best. Hilton Garden Inn has become my home away from home.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Tampa Airport/Westshore Hilton Garden Inn when on extended travel in Tampa and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn that so many of our team members have "wowed" you during your stays with us. I certainly look forward to personally sharing your feedback with them and the rest of the staff as well.

Thanks again and safe travels!
Miami
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My daughter graduated from UM and we celebrated at Berns steakhouse and Bush Gardens.

The staff was excellent, the evening manager Chris Bryant was sincere, funny and extremely helpfull. The breakfast server was beyond wonderful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 1Miamigirl

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and you received terrific customer service from our Operations Manager Chris as well as the service staff in the restaurant.

I hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to Tampa.