“this place sucks”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Without a doubt the most indifferent and rude people every assembled under one roof. "I don't care" should be there motto. I have ordered from them three times and they only got it right once. When it is pointed out they got it wrong (or in one case just completely lost the order), it was as if I was being a nuisance for requesting the food.

They don't know or care if they got it right, the only thing they care about is a tip going into a tip jar (always prominent).

There are newer reviews for Pei Wei Asian Diner

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Good food. It is dark in the restaurant which is a good break from the Florida heat but kind of makes you sleepy. If you plan to eat on the patio be sure to tell them or your noodles will be soggy before they think to check outside. ;-). The food is consistently good.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Surprised by some of the reviews. I love the veggie and tofu with brown rice. When I can pull myself away from the tofu, I enjoy the Asian chicken chopped salad. This is fast and inexpensive. In addition, I usually take the leftovers home. The price is great and when I've had a busy monring this is one of my favorite lunches.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My sister raved about this place when I recently went to visit her in Tampa. We got carry out, and I ordered Lo Mein with Beef. The dish was bland, the beef was tough, and the noodles were mushy and starchy. I picked the beef out of it and threw the rest in the trash. We also ordered the Fried Wonton with Crab (Crab Rangoon). It had more crab than most places, and was tasty but over cooked. The wontons were past golden brown, and had turned a deep brown just before "burnt". I won't be going back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I like Pei Wei best when I can forget it has any relation to P.F. Chang's. The best I can say is it's solidly okay. I am extremely picky about Chinese and I guess some of my disappointment is that this is a closer relative of your typical hole-in-the-wall, order from pictures Chinese takeout place than an actual Chinese restaurant. The meats and vegetables always taste fresh, but the sauces always taste more muddled to me than those at P.F. Chang's. While they have good flavor, there is a coat-your-tongue element that makes it impossible to get hints of the various ingredients, like ginger, garlic, etc. Eh, I will admit I may be too picky when it comes to Chinese food. Even P.F. Chang's is just exceptionally good, glorified takeout and can't hold a candle to someplace like Yummy House or Chan's in Orlando. The food is okay, good service and quick eats. You could do worse...but you could probably also do better.

Been to Pei Wei Asian Diner? Share your experiences!