Wife and I arrived on 9:55 p.m. flight, (but was 45 min. late) rented a car and got to the hotel around 11:15 p.m. Nice lady checked us in. I had "added a day" on priceline to my original 2 day reservation and explained that it would be nice not to have to re-check in tomorrow, etc. Lady was very nice and said it was taken care of. Was at Steak and Shake eating at midnight. They took us to Busch Gardens and picked us up the next day and everyone was nice as can be. Returned to our room about 6 p.m. and it hadn't been cleaned, no new towels, etc. Called the front desk and lady said I could come get some towels or she could move us to a clean room. I said a clean room would be fine and could she put us in a room with two doubles rather than a king. She said no, we used a 3rd party reservation and it would be "unethical" to move us to a room with two beds because that cost more? I'm in the legal profession and was scratching my head about how it is unethical to make something right with a customer! Also, I had got a room for my elderly Dad and sister for the 3rd night and it was a two bed room.
I said well, it's sort of a bad deal that you didn't clean our room and then said I'd be down to get a new key. At the desk she tried to show me her computer screen and said my room wasn't cleaned because I checked in at 2:30 a.m. I told her that was just not accurate as I explained above it was sometime after 11 p.m. She said she'd have to check that out. Overall, I liked the hotel but it's just a case of one overbearing person sort of spoiling an otherwise pleasant stay. Sorry so long, never written a review before!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa