To start with the hotel staff seemed very helpful and nice. We got a fairly standard room with a king bed, could be described a quite small for the US. Advertised transport to Busch gardens, which was only 1 mile to the car park so fairly close and definitely walk-able. This ran from 9-30 and came back at 5-00pm. seemed strange as the park closed at 7-00pm. The driver said it stopped so early because that when he finished work. Seems this is not customer centred service, maybe just something for the driver to do to keep him busy during the day? The breakfast really was the worst one i had had at any HIE. Again it was served with polystyrene plates and cups. accompanied with plastic knifes and forks. The first day the kitchen staff brought out fresh scrambled eggs, patties and bacon, they were all cold. We told the management about this. The second day it was omelets. Again they were cold and hard, unedible, We complained to the hotel management and they apologiesed profusly but did nothing, I pressed to speak to the hotel manager and she said she had spoken to the kitchen satff regarding the first days breakfast and said that it looked OK to her. We asked if she had tasted it, no was the answer. This shows that if they say sorry enough and even throw some money at you they expect you just to go away happy, but they do nothing to solve the problem. What is even more amazing is that the American guests were tucking in, have they no taste buds?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa