My family stayed at this hotel for several days. After a full day at Busch Gardens-Tampa we enjoyed the outdoor pool. Luckily, we checked with the front desk to see where we could get towels for the pool. The clerk gave us a few towels (more on this later).
The next morning we sampled the free breakfast since it began at 6:30 AM and we wanted to get an earlyl start to the day. The breakfast had a decent variety of breakfast foods (no pancakes or waffles). Everything was buffet style. The egss were very bland )even with the packet hot sauce I added). All in all though, it gave us basic nourishment for the morning.
After another long day at Busch Gardens-Tampa we headed to the front desk for pool towels. The clerk said they were in the dryer and would be delivered to the pool area very soon. Well, we relaxed and enjoyed the pool for over an hour and never saw any towels.
The next morning my family were heading out to Adventure Island but first we needed a good breakfast. Unfortunately, the same buffet foods offered the day before were not prepared well. The bacon was extremely over salted. The orange juice was so watered down (about 8 parts water and 2 parts orange juice). I had much higher expectations of orange jucie since afterall we were in Florida. From here on out, my family went next Door to the Days Inn for breakfast. It was not free, but the food was of much better quality.
After Adventur Island, we relaxed in our room (very basic for what passes as a suite now days. Add a sink and a microwave oven in the main room and voila, it's a suite. The kids were still active and wanted to go swimming. I peeked out the window and noticed many used towels around the pool even though there were only 2 people lounging poolside. No towels were available at the front desk (no surprise there).
One more day of Busch Gardens-Tampa the next day made everyone very tired. We did not go to the pool that night. Although, as I looked out my window, sure enough, numerous used towels were still laying poolside.
Other itms of concer include:
-Constant music playing through the poolside speakers past the established 11:00 PM closing. This goes on all day and night
-The maid service did not resupply our towels (even though they took our used towels). We had to ask for new towels.
-Maid service must have been short handed since our room was only "made up" twice during our stay, and one of those times it was after a long day at Busch Gardens-Tampa.
I normally tip the maid staff each day, but after the first day that practice abruptly stopped.
It looks as though I've written a novel here, and I guess I should really include something positive:
-The location is exellent for both Busch Gardens-Tampa and Adventure Island
-The staff was friendly even though short-handed.
- The outdoor pool was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa