My wife and I and our 8-year old daughter ended our vacation in Florida by going to Busch Gardens after a week at Disney. We stayed at a "value" resort at Disney, and while we had adequate accommodations there, the rooms at the Holiday Inn Express were absolutely luxurious in comparison (although we did not get any Mickey shaped towels when we got back to our room). As stated before this is a brand new property and you can tell. We stayed Fri-Sat March 6th and 7th in a 2 queen bed room- the room was very well appointed (microwave, refrigerator, flat screen TV, coffeemaker), with a decent size bathroom. The high ceilings were a very welcome perk after feeling somewhat cramped all week at the Disney resort. The pool was nice and clean and in the sun. You can see the Busch Gardens roller coasters across the street from the hotel.
The staff that we dealt with, the evening/night shift front desk and the driver for the Busch Gardens shuttle were very helpful, especially when I needed to get directions and information on the area we were in, and Busch Gardens info. The free breakfast was a great perk, and even though the front area with all the tables was packed, I appreciated being told by one of the staff that a meeting room was set up around the corner for breakfast patrons to use.
If I have to offer any criticism, it would be that the noise level got high at times late at night with loud conversations etc- our room was on the first floor just down the hall from the front desk (there was some kind of gathering/party in the meeting room on Saturday night). However I would think this could be avoided simply by requesting a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor or towards the back of the hotel. Also, extending the Busch Gardens shuttle pickup time to the actual time that the park closes.
Overall, we greatly enjoyed our brief stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tampa for Busch Gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa