My son and I stayed here prior to a day at Busch Gardens. First impression in lobby was a nice clean hotel. Unfortunately when we got to our room, one of the beds had obviously been slept in and the bed was not made. A beer can was in the garbage. We alerted the front desk staff. She found a handicap room for us to go to instead. We then went to this room only to find that although the beds were made, all 4 pillows from one bed were at the foot without pillow cases. There was also an almond on the middle of the floor so likely had not been vacuumed. We again contacted the front desk. I explained this was a bit ridiculous and since the hotel was full we would accept a room at another hotel. She called a manager who gave us a different handicapped room which they had personally viewed earlier in the day and knew was clean (unsure why this was personally viewed but I didn't question it). This room was indeed clean and nice. The front desk gal (her name was Tara) called to check on us in the room. She was very polite and apologetic with each poor room and this was certainly out of her control. I advised her that given that we now had to change to a third room, I felt a room rate decrease was in order. She contacted the manager who lowered our room rate from $139 for our night down to $119. I did not feel this was adequate but I will leave that up to you to decide. In the end, the room and hotel were nice. As expected from this chain. Breakfast ok. Workout room is horrible with 3 old machines in a very small room. Otherwise decent. Hope the review helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa