“Much nicer than most Holiday Inn Express Hotels, very Nice!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #49 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I travel every week all over north and South America for work and typically stay at Holiday Inn and Courtyard Marriott hotels. The dining area was very spacious and beautiful with 20' high ceilings which is not typical and a step up. The rooms were very up to date with granit countertops, microwave, couch, king bed, bar sink, quiet thermostatically controlled AC nice HD TV. The pool was clear and fun! Almost walking distance from the Busch Gardens, the fireworks were felt and seen out of the windows every night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are happy we were able to please such a well traveled guest! We hope you get a chance to come back real soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We did the Busch Garden/Hotel combo deal and man are we glad we did. The room was very clean and inviting as was the lobby and breakfast area. The breakfast was fresh and very good. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable and the shuttle drivers were great, especially Sam. The shuttle to Busch and the water park was convenient and available with just a phone call. If there was one thing that I deducted a star on was the pool. The pool area was very clean but the water was cloudy and a little dirty. It was the end of the day though. All in all we were very pleased and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for us! I appreciate your comments, and will take a look at the pool cleaning log book to make sure our service is working as hard as my team does to keep the place running and looking great. From the sound of it, I hope we get a chance to see you again soon! Take Care!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently took a trip to Tampa, to tour USF. I booked a room for the weekend at the Red Roof Inn through travelocity. It was a nightmare! When I finally was given my refund I booked it out of there and ran down to this hotel. The staff was beyond welcoming. The lady I dealt with was very kind and understanding to the issue I has just had. A major plus was the fact that she had to unlock the doors, I felt safe. My room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. If I come back to Tampa, this will be the hotel I choose.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DanielleNic0le
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy we could be a safe haven for you. We pride ourselves on offering great customer service and are happy you found us! We can't wait to see you again soon. Take Care!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Chose this hotel because of the fantastic reviews seen on T.A. The hotel was great considering the area. Room could have been a little cleaner but compared to the rest of the hotels in the area this place was a palace. Very close to Busch Gardens and lots of food places in the area. Just wish it were located somewhere else. The breakfast wasn't that great. Would we stay again? No, but NOT because of the hotel in general.

Room Tip: If you're there during Busch Gardens "illuminights" during the summer, try and request...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hello, and thank you for your review. We are always looking to improve our service and our product. We all work very hard to assure our guests have a great stay in a clean and comfortable room. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My 10 yr old daughter and I checked into this hotel at 8:30pm on Friday evening, June 7. We were only here for one night because I was dropping her off at Busch Gardens the following Sat. morning for a 5 night camp. We walked in a bit exhausted from traveling most of the day and stood at the front desk for 15 minutes waiting for someone to appear. There was a a sign on the front desk that said "Be back in less than 5 minutes". The lobby was chaotic and loud with people running in and outside from the pool. People attempting to buy snacks from the kiosk next to the check in desk ... but could not because there was no one AT the front desk. I waited about 10 minutes and then called the front desk ... thinking that an operator would answer. It rang at the front desk ... right where I was standing and there was no one to answer it. Finally ... a poor disheveled young lady ran (literally ran) to the front desk ... looking exhausted and apologizing profusely. She explained that she was THE ONLY STAFF IN THE BUILDING and that she had to take a cot, sheets, blankets, pillows, etc... to a room. (again ... leaving the front desk unmanned). I find this REALLY disconcerting. There was no maintenance on staff, no housekeeping, no management. Just a young girl who looked like she was about to pop a blood vessel in her head from stress. Again ... the place was PACKED (being across from Busch Gardens ... beginning of summer) My concern: What if there was an emergency, fire, overflowing toilet, burst pipe ... anything?!?!? What if I simply wanted an extra pillow .... some shampoo??? This girl would have to leave the front desk run all over the building and hope to make it back to the desk in time to answer phones, greet vacationers, check people out, answer questions, etc... I cannot believe that the management would allow this sort of irresponsibility to happen in this hotel. Thank goodness nothing happened and our stay was brief .... but I just wanted to let management know that this sort of understaffing breeds VERY poor customer service and shows a lack of care for their patrons. Shame on you Holiday Inn Express Busch Gardens, Tampa Fl.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello Tyra. Please let me assure you we do read and respond to each and every one of the reviews left for us here on Trip Advisor. We have always found constructive comments to help us improve very valuable. I am very disappointed to see your recent stay with us started out with us missing the mark of our normal excellent guest service. The lack of staff on duty Friday evening is totally my fault. When we did our forecast for arrivals and occupancy, we didn’t expect to see the amount of traffic we had, and therefore I only scheduled Ashley to work. I feel awful she didn’t have any back up to help her, and worst of all it impacted my guests! This morning when I came in and read your review, I took immediate steps to correct staffing for this weekend. On one hand I am glad you let us know about your experience, and on the other, I am upset it happened at all. Please accept my sincerest apology, and I hope you get an opportunity to come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Although the staff was extremely welcoming and check-in was smooth, there were a few issues I had with this hotel. My husband and I travelled here with our 2 teenage grandchildren while we visited Busch Gardens. The pool is practically in the Parking Lot...not private at all, there are no snack bars or restaurants on the premises, and nothing to keep the kids occupied such as an Arcade. What was referred to as a "suite", was a room with 2 queen size beds and an uncomfortable, old convertible sofa. The breakfast which was included with the room rate was very nice with a good selection of food, but all in all, I don't hink we would stay here again...a little inconvenient to have to walk to a restaurant every evening for dinner, as this is not located in a very nice part of town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hello! Please let me start by apologizing. So many of our guests - when they see the Holiday Inn name - remember the old days when they would go on vacation or travel and be able to eat right at the hotel. As a Holiday Inn Express - we offer select service, which doesn't include having a restaurant or lounge on site. Fortunately, there are several dine in or fast food options within walking distance of out hotel. This doesn't solve your problem, but I hope it explains why we don't have an arcade, or restaurant on site. I wish we had been able to completely cover all your expectations. The last thing we want to do is have a guest leave our hotel disappointed with us.

I am grateful that our teams courtesy, and willingness to assist all our guests once again took center stage.

We appreciate the time you took to leave a comment, and hope you get to come back to the Tampa area again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I booked online to stay at the Red Roof down the road. We checked in and within 10 minutes checked out and received a refund because of horrible encounters. We drove down the road in the middle of the night to find The Holiday Inn Express. The front desk clerk was so welcoming and compassionate about the horrible experience my friend and I had with the Red Roof. We stayed 2 nights here and were so happy! The rooms are immaculate. The bathroom was so nice. Wifi works great and breakfast was awesome! Thank you for the hospitality. The staff there is awesome! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hello. Thank you so much for your kind review about our hotel. I am sorry that your original accommodations were not acceptable, but also ecstatic that my front desk team was welcoming and helpful during your tough time. Our team works very hard to make sure our rooms are clean and comfortable for our guests. Next time you are in please come back to see us.