We stayed here 4 nights and really liked this location. Very close to Busch Gardens. Hotel was very clean and the room we had was nice with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper, plus microwave and fridge. However, take your own hangers as our room only had 7. Clearly not enough for a family, which is what this room type would appeal to.
Also, every day we had to ask for an extra towel. We reserved our room stating there would be 4 people staying and every day the maid left 3 towels. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying.
The breakfast buffet was nice. Our daughter was disappointed that each morning the only breakfast meat they had was sausage, no bacon like other HIE that we have stayed at. She lived of course, but surprised they didn't mix it up a bit. The pancake maker was nice.
We took the shuttle to Busch Gardens 2 days. The first day was great! Robert was friendly and played and sang to Christmas songs! How fun!! He was was on time and things went very smoothly, we were quite impressed.
But, our last day, we decided to go back to Busch Gardens and it was NOT the same shuttle experience. Robert was late that morning, not much, but almost 10 minutes and he seemed rushed and distracted, not like the previous time, 2 days before. He assured us all he picks up at 5, 6 and 7 pm. If you need him before that, call the hotel.
Well, we showed up for the 6 pm shuttle a few minutes early to make sure we didn't miss it and we waited......and waited....finally at about 10 after 6, we called the hotel and they apologized and re-assured us that he'd be there in 10-15 minutes. So, we waited.....and waited....and waited.....called the hotel back at 6:30, 20 minutes after the last call we made and again were re-assured that he'd be there shortly. We waited another 5 minutes and said this is ridiculous, so we hopped in a taxi (which is $10 from Busch Gardens to the hotel) and when we got to the hotel, Robert was unloading suitcases from the back of the shuttle and clearly was NOT going to be back at Busch Gardens shortly. The front desk should have never kept saying he'd be there shortly when he clearly was not going to be. It was not a good way to end an otherwise pleasant stay. Yes, the shuttle is a free service provided by the hotel, but when they clearly state the times of their service, the shuttle should be there within a reasonable amount of time and the front desk should not keep telling people it will be shortly, when it clearly will not be shortly.
Hopefully, they find a better way of running their shuttle in the future, as it really was the only reason we would consider not returning again.
If you are not going to Busch Gardens or relying on the shuttle, it really is a great hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa