This was our 2nd stay. We stayed here 2 years ago and thought it was so convenient for Busch Gardens and good value that we’d stay again. This time we went for a King Suite, just so we had more room to relax.
Check in was quick and friendly and we were given the free wifi password and the wifi was quite fast. As requested, we were on a high floor though we would have been on the top floor if our allocated room had been ready; we were switched at check in (we arrived around 4:30pm) as our pre-assigned room was still not ready.
The king suite was roomy and comfortable, if a little dark away from the window. I liked the wet bar in the room, which made making coffee easier. The bed was extremely comfortable and the aircon efficient and quiet.
The breakfast offered is good, considering it’s complimentary, but the breakfast room really isn’t big enough to cope unless you get there early. On our second morning, after giving up on our first attempt and going back upstairs, we just had to gather as much as we could carry and eat in our room as there were so many people rushing about plus it was just too noisy for comfort. The pancake machine was a real novelty, however, and we used it both mornings. One comment - breakfast would be so much nicer with china mugs, bowls, plates and metal cutlery, even a very cheap range, instead of the polystyrene and plastic – and it would produce less waste / be greener.
The hotel is close enough to Busch Gardens that you can leave the car and walk; it takes about 15 mins. We were so tired at the end of the day that we managed to flag down the hotel shuttle just as we got to the park exit, which was a welcome relief and such a pleasant driver. Another good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand New Holiday Inn Express & Suites is adjacent to Busch Gardens / Adventure Island and is the closest hotel to the University of South Florida and University Community Health Hospital. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the new Holiday Inn in Tampa, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, located within walking distance of the hotel. Your family will love staying at our Florida Green Lodging designated hotel in Tampa. We're located just off I-275, directly across the street from Busch Gardens and just a mile away from USF and University Community Health Hospital. Located in the heart of Tampa, we are in close proximity to several other local attractions, including Lowry Park Zoo, Port of Tampa, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Business travelers will appreciate the amenities and services provided at our hotel too! Our Green Lodging hotel is in close proximity to many area businesses, such as Syniverse, Verizon Information Technologies, USAA and the Anheuser-Busch and the Yuengling Breweries. In addition, we provide meeting space that can accommodate up to 60 people with free wireless Internet access. While staying at our tropically landscaped Tampa hotel, you can enjoy our premium amenities, including an outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary, hot breakfast bar. Book your reservations now to take advantage of our great Tampa, FL hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa Usf-Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa