“Wonderful Employees!”

Ranked #40 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Olathe, Kansas
“Wonderful Employees!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel a total of 3 nights 1 prior to our cruise and 2 after our cruise. Unfortunately my mother-in-law became very ill and was unable to make our cruise and stayed in Tampa. Turns out she had to have emergency surgery. Robert kindly transported my mother-in-law to the hospital (I am sure she would not have allowed an ambulance to be called) and also took my sister-in-law back and forth to the hospital to check on her on a regular basis. After the rest of the family returned from the cruise he picked us up took us to the hotel and then on to the hospital. As stressful as our trip was Robert made it so much better; his positive attitude, kindness, and energy was amazing. My husband and I own a business and know for a fact that it is very difficult to find quality employees such as Robert. He is truely a credit to your organization. Thank you so much Robert for being so wonderful. All of the other employees where very good as well; we just got to know Robert and feel as if he is a part of our family!

1 Thank Heather H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Spent 2 nights in the hotel. This hotel is clean and well kept wi a very helpful staff. The hotel is located 1/2mile from the park and offers free breakfast every morning. One of the best perks is that the hotel offers a free shuttle in the immediate area. The driver is Robert and not only does he offer punctual service but he is hilarious and makes travel fun. Don't forget to show him some love $$$.... I would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the park so you can ask to be on that side if you want to see the coaste...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Hello, And thank you for your review of our property. We recently welcomed Lisandra as our new Executive Housekeeper and are happy she has joined our team. We know the quality, and cleanliness of our rooms will continue to improve under her watchful eye.

And what else can I say about Robert. He is simply one of the best decisions I have made bringing him in as our shuttle driver. He is a fan favorite and I am just thrilled he is on our team.

Here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel near Busch Gardens we continually strive for excellence, and we truly appreciate your time in filling out your review for us.
Edison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed two nights and went to Busch Gardens two days. The hotel was clean and more than adequate for what we needed. The staff was good except for Robert, he was GREAT. As a business manager it is great to see employees of other companies take there job serious. Robert was prompt, courtious, and just plain friendly. Our stay would have been good even without Robert but the fact that I am actually completing this review indicates our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Hello! Thank you very much for your review! I have shared it with my team, and we love that Robert once again is getting noticed for his exceptional customer service. He is an inspiration to us all.
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went to Tampa for 2 days so we could visit bush gardens. The hotel was beautiful,clean with friendly staff. It had a free shuttle to & from the park with was great. Also had some lovely places to eat next door. The rooms was all fitted with a lovely clean washroom & free wifi. 2 double beds. There was also a fridge & microwave. I would defiantly stay again & highly recommend it to anyone.we went there from the grand Floridian in Disney & I could honesty say that it was equal to that Hotle there was just no mickeys in the wallpaper. X

• Stayed January 2012
Wow. Thank you very much for your kind words. We feel grateful to guests such as yourself who fill out these reviews for us, and really enjoy sharing them with each other at our team meetings. A lot of our potential guests don't know when they are looking for a Hotel in Tampa near Busch Gardens that we are so close, and that we have a microwave and refrigerator in every room! Combine that with our free wifi internet access and our free shuttle to Busch Gardens, and you couldn't pick a better place to stay in Tampa. We love having you all stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here for a family trip to Busch Gardens. The facility itself and the staff were all very nice and helpful; we have no complaints with them. But somehow this hotel seemed to attract an unusually inconsiderate crowd. Our first night there were quite a few unsupervised children running up and down the halls making lots of noise, even past 10pm. For another example, from about 2am - 4am one night there were two guys in the parking lot outside our window continually screaming to get the attention of a friend in a room above us. Then when we went to the breakfast buffet the next morning we arrived to find the breakfast room littered with food and trash. The staff was cleaning up as best the could; they informed us that there had been a FOOD FIGHT! I don't know what might have led to all this, but we certainly would stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Hello. I certainly do remember that week, and the food fight in particular. I am clearly happy with your comment on my team, and how we were nice and helpful, and that we were doing the best we could. I could not believe my eyes when I came around the corner and saw what had happened! I was dumbfounded. Fortunately, my team and I were able to jump right in and get the area cleaned as quickly as possible, and we certainly do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. My team and I work as hard as possible to resolve any and all issues as quickly as possible to keep any inconvenience to a minimum. I would ask you to please not let the conduct of a couple guests dissuade you from staying with us again in the future. We really are a great hotel, with a great team ready to take care of you in the future.
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Rooms were very nice, breakfasts were good, front desk provided coupons, shuttle service driver Robert was very nice and helpful, even included a few recommended places to eat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello! Thank you for filling out a review of our property! We certainly do appreciate it!
Salina, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Robert is an excellent driver and EXTREMLY helpful. Thanks Robert for taking care our family and all of our crazy Kansas needs while we stayed! To say his service was 5 star it just isn't enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wow. I can't believe I haven't responded to this review from the 16th. With all the reviews we have been getting for Robert, it must have just gotten lost in the shuffle. I can honestly say I feel I have the best driver of a Free Shuttle to Busch Gardens in Tampa. Thank you for your review, and please come back and see Robert again soon!