“Great hotel and management staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #41 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Hamilton, NJ
“Great hotel and management staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed at this location over Thanksgiving week. We had a wonderful time and this hotel was a great choice for us. We visited Busch Gardens many times and although I wouldn't suggest walking you definitely could. The hotel also provides a shuttle to the park although I did not use it during my stay. I am a platinum Priority Club member and was treated as such by this hotel. Our room was upgraded to a beautiful suite. The breakfast was good and plentiful. Something for everyone. The addition of pancakes for me was an added benefit. There was a minor issue regarding my points that was handled promptly and efficiently by Ryan, the manager at this property. Also, I noticed that Ryan was on duty on Thanksgiving and found that he gave employees the day off and worked himself. That indicates that he treats his employees as well as he treats the guests. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Tampa, FL area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Hello! Thank you for the very kind review. We truly appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to let us and our future guests know how we are doing. We also love that our Platinum Priority Club members love our hotel! My team and I love seeing such kind reviews when it comes to how hard we have been working to make our hotel one of the top hotels in Tampa. Thanksgiving week was something around here. Those of us that were here during that week were just able to enjoy time with our families during the recent holiday week. It was a nice even trade; were between Thanksgiving and Christmas almost everyone was able to take some time away to recharge. Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we can’t wait to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was extremely friendly & very helpful. The rooms were nicely decorated & we made use of the mini-fridge & microwave. We liked the granite countertops in the bathroom. The rooms were wonderfully clean & fresh-smelling. My husband really liked the free in-room wi-fi. The complimentary breakfast was great! The pancake machine was fun & the eggs & biscuits were delicious. We were glad there was a fitness center on site. Being located so close to Busch Gardens & pretty close to downtown Tampa make it an ideal location for a vacation. We especially appreciate Ryan being so hospitable. We'll definitely stay here again & tell all our friends to, too.

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms face Busch Gardens.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DisneyGal2010
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Hello! Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! My team and I work very hard to make each of our guests stay a memory maker. Going into 2012 we are working harder than ever to make sure we have a top 10 hotel. That is our goal, our focus, and our drive. We are excited about our team, and our new team members that have recently joined us, and are keeping this goal in mind at all times. We can't wait for you to come back for a long stay, or just for the weekend so you can see our commitment to excellence!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Angela the registration staffer was outstanding
I travel a lot
I am a platinum member at several hotel chains and so I know bad service - average service & outstanding service

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank RonWhitehead
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to fill out a Trip Advisor review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF Busch Gardens! Angela will be thrilled to see her name on a review. We always celebrate a team member who is lucky enough to be recognized on a review site such as this. It is hard to get your name mentioned on here, and I know she truly appreciates you! We brought Angela on board from California about 2 months ago, and she has been a major factor in the boost to our customer service and team spirit here! Kemelya Scott(AGM) and I are very happy to have her on our team! She is a fantastic team member and our guests just love her as much as we do! I hope everyone who comes to visit with us gets a chance to meet her!
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This hotel is great for the price. It's within walking distance of Busch Gardens (about two blocks), and they offer a free shuttle back and forth at certain times. If you want to ride it, be sure to reserve a space for yourself ahead of time because it fills up. The breakfast was great and the eating area was very clean. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The next time I visit Busch Gardens, I will definitely be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Only a few of the floors have ice machines, so make sure you ask which floors have them to save a lo...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank WVCoasterFreak
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Hello! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel! We truly appreciate when guests give us and our future guests their thoughts on how we have done. I am very happy to read of your experience with us. The breakfast hostesses and guest services team will be very happy to see they were mentioned in another review! We are looking forward to coming back soon to stay with us!

I love your room tip. You are correct, we only have ice machines on the second and fourth floors. The first floor has vending and the third floor is where guest laundry is located (so no room for an ice machine). I hadn’t thought about publishing that information before. Thank you for making me think to do that! Sincerely, Ryan Cornelius.
Southport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed here couple of times before, found staff a bit disinterested this time eg asked five times for extra hangers but got none - "housekeeping go off at 3pm, room is locked!". Decent room, good breakfast if a bit busy and chaotic (Halloween Week), hotel very busy but not noisy at night. Nice little pool but goes into shade midafternoon. Very efficient Busch Gardens shuttle 3 times a day morning and afternoon, but otherwise not a bad walk(for Brits anyway!) about 1.5 miles. Definitely good choice for BG

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SagaBoy13
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Hello! I know this sounds repetitive if you have read my previous replies to everyone who leaves reviews for us, but I sincerely want to thank you for your review, and offer a sincere apology to you for the seeming lack of interest in helping you with your request for more hangers during your stay. I find this response to your request completely unacceptable. We will be highlighting your review in our next team meeting so we can improve our service level. Identifying improvements in our commitment to our guests is integral to Striving for Excellence. I want my property to be known for going above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for assisting us in getting better and better every day in every way!
Sorrento, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is a close hotel to Busch Gardens, it took us about 2 minutes to get to the parking lot for the theme park. The Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants are just a few steps away so we took advantage of that for our dinner. The rate we paid was less than $100 so we were not expecting much. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and the check-in staff was efficient. The free breakfast was a nice surprise- They had the usual muffins, doughnuts, and toast but, they also offered scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy plus an assortment of cereals. So that was a plus- not top of the line quality but, enough to satisfy a family before heading off to a theme park.
The only negative thing about this hotel was that we found it to be noisy. Since it is next door to the Olive Garden they had delivery trucks first thing in the morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
First, let me thank you for your review. We are happy you chose us for your stay here in Tampa. Second, let me thank you for letting me know about the deliveries next door. We have a very good relationship with our neighbors, and I am sure we will be able to come to some sort of resolution about the noise from the deliveries. I am sincerely sorry for this inconvenience, and truly appreciate you letting me know so I can address it right away! It really helps when we are able to get constructive feedback from our guests in this way. We can only take steps to get better and make things right for my future guests when we are notified of issues such as that we normally wouldn’t be able to identify ourselves. You have provided me with a valuable service. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I love this hotel!!! We have stayed twice and both times was wonderful. The staff is the best. They are extremely friendly and nice. The hotel is pretty new so the rooms are very clean and modern. Breakfast buffet saves you money and a tasty breakfast too. If you are going to busch gardens, you have to stay here since it is only within walking distance from the park and they even have a shuttle that takes you there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello! Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write your review of our hotel. We absolutely agree with you, that anytime you come to Busch Gardens you need to stay with us! My team and I are working hard every day to get better and better at meeting and exceeding your expecations. We look forward to having you come back soon and stay with us!