“Great hotel - Great Price - Very close to Busch Gardens”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #51 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon and we stayed here one night after visiting Busch Gardens for the day. The hotel is very close to the park (we could easily see the rollercosters from our room.) The hotel is clean and the decor was very up to date and modern. The staff is was also friendly. The surrounding area around the hotel is a little rough but I I would certainly recommend staying here, especially if you're visiting Busch Gardens.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Congratulations! We are so happy you chose to stay with us to wrap up such a special occasion! My team and I take your satisfaction very seriously. We have all made it a personal mission to meet and exceed each of our guests expectations, and we hope it shows in the quality work we do in keeping our property clean and fresh. From the moment you walk in the front door and are greeted by my elite team of Guest Service Representatives, to my fantastic breakfast hostesses, to the excellent team responsible for your room, it is our goal and mission to make sure you feel at home. I am happy our heart for hospitality shows through for you, and we can’t wait for you to come back and see us soon (maybe even a return trip for your 1st anniversary)! Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel is close to Busch Gardens. It is in a bit of a rough neighborhood but the rooms are great and roomy. The breakfast was hot and delicious everyday. The staff was very friendly and made it a great stay for my family. Will stay there again next time we go to Tampa.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah C
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words of review for my team! We have a heart for hospitality here, and truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know we were on the mark for you and your family! We cant wait for you to come back and see us agian. We are working hard each day to become better at what we do, and hopefully when you return you will see our progress! Again, Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Close to Busch Gardens, well worth the difference in price from other hotels nearby. Breakfast was great and staff friendly. Great job everyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsGmom
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Hello! My team loves to see reviews like yours! We will be sharing it with them all at the next stand up meeting we have. You are very kind to let us know we did well for you and your family. So often these days we only get comments when we miss the mark with a guest. It is nice and we want to thank you for letting us know we met your expectations during your stay.

It is our ongoing goal to now exceed those expectations, and we look forward to having you back soon to show you all the progress we are making!

Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel wasn't bad-- the neighborhod was rough. The "freebies" that attracted us, weren't that valuable. The transportation to Busch Gardens (which was just down the road) was intermitted at best and the free breakfast was PACKED with minimal sitting. The rooms were nice and so was the staff.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kam15fsu

Hello! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to make comments about your stay with us. We truly appreciate the effort of our guests to let us know how we are doing. I especially appreciate the honest and constructive comments of our guests since I just started leading the effort here at the hotel to increase customer service and satisfaction. The only way I know were we need to improve is by guests such as yourself letting me know.

Both your comments regarding the shuttle service and the breakfast area are immediate concerns that are currently being addressed on property. You are right that a freebie should add value, and not just be free. We have altered our shuttle service to better accommodate our guests schedule, and are looking to add a team member specifically for improving service in this area. Additionally, we recently installed breakfast service in our meeting room to use to increase the service to our guests on days when we have many families here.

We look forward to you giving us a chance again in the future so you can see all the exciting changes we are making based on guest feedback such as yours!

Sincerely - Ryan

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Furnitue and carpet are filthy. You know when you walk into a room and it has that sweet smell of air freshner that it is covering up a deep odor.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My familiy and I stayed here for 3 nights, the accommodations, service, attention, were excellent...........the best!!. I highly recommend this hotel, everybody working there were extremely kind. Our stay was very pleasant. Thanks to everybody.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Cristina P
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Wow. Thank you so much for you kind words. The Team and I here have been working extra hard for the past few weeks. Improving service skills and getting feedback from our guests is a very high priority for us all right now. We truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know we did something right! Thank you, and we look forward to having you be our guest again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel had very large rooms, making it very suitable for families. I wasn't pleased with the level of cleanliness, especially after finding a section from someone's hair weave in one of our rooms. The restaurant has very limited hours. Their service is excellent, especially considering they are woefully understaffed. Was disappointed in the wait time for the shuttle service. Once, we had to call multiple times to get shuttle service; we were forgotten about. They need additional shuttles. Once again, this hotel is woefully understaffed. On our next trip, we will NOT stay here.

Room Tip: Book a package from the Busch Gardens website
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lilmrsdash
Ryan C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Hello. Thank you for your constructive comments regarding our hotel. Today is my third day here, and I truly appreciate the comments and feedback our guests are giving me. While it is true we are a very busy property, and I can see the roller coasters at Busch Gardens from my office window, I take it very personally when we miss meeting the expectations our guests set for us. Please be assured, I take all of your comments to heart, and make a commitment to you, we will make it better. If you find yourself in the area again, please contact me personally so I can arrange your reservations.