“Fab hotel so close to bush garden large clean comfy rooms lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Ranked #41 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fab hotel so close to bush garden large clean comfy rooms lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Great hotel booked 2 rooms here. Great location large clean rooms new and comfy bathroom reallynice with everything you need. Only complaint was business centre only has one computer so if someone using it you have to wait a long time. Def would stay again

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Happyegg29
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Hello: Thank you so much for the kind words on my hotel! I do apologize about the business center, but as yo saw the room was built quite small. I do try to make sure that time is respected as I have a nice memo reminder in there for all guests. Please come back to see us when you are in the Tampa area, and I again thank you for your time to let me know how we are doing!
Heather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
northern va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was helpful and courteous. Monique at the front desk was especially helpful. The breakfast was good. Shuttle to Busch Garden was convenient, but actually no problem to take the short walk back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mytup
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Hello:
Thank you so much for the kind words after your stay! I will pass the appreciation on to Monique. It makes me proud to hear that she took such good care of you. Please remember us if you are in the Tampa area again. We would love to have you!
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I arrived at this hotel at 1pm hoping to check into our room a little early. We had a concert to go to and wanted to shower after our long trip to this hotel from home. The front desk staff told us check in is not till 3 and no rooms are clean/available. We came back at 3 and then were told that check in had been pushed back to 4! The front desk staff made up excuse after excuse....their short staffed, they were at capacity, no rooms were clean, and so on. The majority of the hotels guts were in the same boat as us and wanted to shower before the concert, which started at 4:30. Everybody was pissed! I ended up washing my hair in the lobby bathroom sink and blowdrying it in the hallway. There was 2 bathrooms all the guests could use to change in and get ready in for the concert. I asked if I could go into the workout room to blow-dry my hair so I wouldn't be in peoples way, and the front desk staff told me it was out of order! All I wanted to do was use the electrical socket and mirror and they still wouldn't let me in their. The staff didn't even try to make us happy, they wouldn't refund our money. Our room @ 4:15 still wasn't ready! We left then to go to our concert.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mrsbarty3
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Hello:
I do apologize for the issues with your hotel room not being ready. There were several guests who wanted to get into their rooms for the concert as early as 11am (because of the demand, I even helped my girls make beds until 4:00pm). It does happen sometimes that when all rooms are arrivals carried over from a sold out night, it does some times take a bit longer than 3:00pm. We did tell guests that check in started at 3:00pm. We very often check guests in when the room is ready

All the rest of the vacant rooms were ready by 4:45pm. I know the concert started at 4:30pm and you had to leave us (I just didn't want you to think we were done at a really outrageous time). It was partially so hectic and people were upset because we had a small group of concert go-ers who were intoxicated and causing problems with staff and other guests (not sure if you saw this) in the lobby and by the pool. It took time for myself and the desk staff to control that situation as they were walking around disrespecting others.

Our workout room is not out of order, so there shouldn't of been a problem if like you mentioned you just wanted to dry your hair. I can't say sorry enough about your room. We did the best we could to make everyone happy, especially the concert go-ers because of the start time of their event. Thank you.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Spent 3 nights while visiting Busch Gardens. The accomodations were very spacious, clean and comfortable and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Shuttle to Busch Gardens was so convenient. Olive Garden and Red Lobster located within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tybeelover37
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Hello: I'm am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As a hotel we aim to accommodate your needs and make sure you remeber us in a positive way. Please come visit us again when ever you are in the Tampa area. Your time to let me know we are doing the right things is greatly appreciated!
O. S., MS.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

On our first visit to Busch Gardens themepark my teenage son and I stayed here from Jan. 2 until Jan. 5, 2011. We had checked one hotel across the street but were very displeased with it, thus we headed here to check it out and were very impressed and satisfied with the overall quality we observed. First impression: cleanliness, organization, up to date decor and quality of such decor. Second impression: the front desk staff were very attentive and professional towards your needs or need of help around the area(the manager was there-on a Sunday afternoon- and helped check us in along with her assistant and all with a smile and a happy attitude, we felt welcomed). Third impression: The rest of the hotel staff also shared the same attitude about their job and it showed in the quality of their work, very detailed. Overall impression: Yes, my family and I will return and recommend this hotel. Special thanks to Ms. Myra and her assistant for the daily breakfast served(quality), also Ms. Livery for her and her co-workers attention to detail with room quality and needs; the young lady from New Jersey that works the front desk(Ms. Jennifer I believe-forgot the name but not the heart attitude) great advice about local eateries they were very good suggestions. Thank you, it was a memorable stay. Lord willing will see all of you soon. P.S. The Beds and Pillows were 'sooo' comfortable we rested well!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
Hello:
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I'm so proud of my staff when they shine! I'm sorry to hear that another brand hotel didn't please you, but then again, I have to say I'm happy I got you in the end! Please think of us when next time you are in the Tampa area. I will pass the great compliments off to my staff as they deserve them. Thank you again!
Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We stay here one night. The staff were so helpful and went out of their way to help. The shuttle bus was excellent with the very helpful driver Anthony. We bought tickets from reception and tbey were very helpful. The room was very clean and well equipped. The bathroom was well clean and well appointed. The fridge and microwave was very useful. The wifi worked a treat. We found the luggage storage very useful. The breakfast was very nice. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and I would stay again. It is very close to Busch Gardens. There are plenty of places to get food from very close.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank BorntocruiseUK
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Hello:
Thank you so much for letting me know you enjoyed your stay with us! We try very hard to make each visit a positive one. I always love to hear how helpful and accommodating my staff was, it makes me feel proud! Please come back and see us if you are ever in the Tampa area again.
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

BOGUS & UNFAIR CHARGES!!! I had a call from Moffitt cancer center ( which is right down the street from this hotel) telling me that my sister in law was in critical condition and we needed to get there quick. We drove all night & arrived @ 2:30AM. We checked in - the hotel was nice, clean and breakfast was good. We lef...t @ 1PM the same day. We paid cash for the room. Today ( 2 days later) I notice a charge on my card for the room. I call the hotel and speak with Monique who informed me that it was just a hold and it would be released eventually - HOWEVER THEY ARE CHARGING ME FOR 3 PILLOWS THAT WERE MISSING FROM THE ROOM $36.00!! I took nothing - not even the unopened shampoos. I am not a theif and feel this is very unfair! I am still waiting for a call from the hotel manager or owner Punit. I will post more after I hear from him - if I hear from him!!
Heather at the hotel is very friendly and says she is trying to help - but at this time I feel wrongly accused and in a situation were I should be worrying about my sister-in-law I unfortunately have to worry about this!! IF YOU DO STAY HERE - DEMAND A HOUSEKEEPING WALK THROUGH BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!!! I will update after i hear from corporate

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kathyoliva
TampaHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Hello:
I spoke with this guest, and I am sympathetic about her situation. However, because we are a new hotel, we have a very strict policy when material items are missing from the room. The housekeeper lets the Manager know and the Manager walks the room to be sure. Rooms next to rooms are checked to see if possibly guests shared items. I even asked to see if another room was involved. I explained this and the guest understood to a point. The guest confirmed the correct # of pillows at check in. She understands my position that I can only go by what we see in the room or not in the room when a guest departs. This guest did call Corporate and unfortunately they agree it is a policy issue that she signs for at check in. Again I am sympathetic for the guest, and was very polite to her (which I thank her for mentioning). I did let her know that if she wished to dispute her credit card charge she was welcome to do so. Thank you.